The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just about time ladies & gentlemen....all the snow and ice is going to be melted here in about another week...hopefully.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll refrain from making the obligatory SoCal reference here.

Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This weekend I have to move it. The homeowner who is letting me keep it in her garage is coming home from Florida. I give her a bottle of Gin for letting me keep it there for the winter.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This weekend I have to move it. The homeowner who is letting me keep it in her garage is coming home from Florida. I give her a bottle of Gin for letting me keep it there for the winter.
This is exactly the specific type of information I was looking for. What kind of Gin?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
"Way down south" here in MA all our snow melted this past weekend along with the flooding.. Which also washed the salt away! And half the pavement...... :( Been 'daily' driving mine for the past 2 days. Did about 30 miles today after work (I work 2 miles from home!), and managed to hit a pot hole the size of a Buick. Sounded like the car exploded and scared the pants off me but no damage.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes - there is a danger period up here..between the time that the stuff melts/salt gets washed off and the frost heaves evening out and potholes being repaired. My immediate goal is to just get to North Conway to my inspection station.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Easter weekend will be when I make the trip to the family house in northern michigan and retrieve the Exige. I'm hoping that the next two weeks of rain will wash the salt down.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,291 Posts
Waiting for the dang street cleaners again this year. Luckily in 05 when I got it in March the streets were already cleaned here.

So I got her out of bed this weekend and now have to install all the toys that were waiting this season. By the time that is all done it will be time for a trip to BOE for a new tune!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've put about 2000 miles on mine since I bought the car in February :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I got a 3 hour drive in a couple weeks ago the day before I left for deployment. The roads were in terrible shape but it was fun none the less

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll be getting mine started this weekend. Taking it in for regular maintenance next week!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Took mine out for about four glorious hours today. That is all

Corvus

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
My wife took her out for a quick spin after sitting 6 Weeks after my surgery and then washed it! Hopefully I will take it for a spin next week!

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
We still have three foot snow piles on each side of our driveway. Six inches of snow predicted for Thursday night. Even after it does melt we need some extended rainfall (not snow) to wash away the salt. No end in sight here. :(

Last year we had snow on May 11 after another horrendous winter.

Global warming?... My a$$.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I have my fingers crossed for this weekend. Supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday, which should finish off the salt.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,769 Posts
Nope hasn't started this year... Car is in bits as I am trying to get it ready. The weather is pretty poor so I'm not really rushing.

Josh - what are the odds they salt tomorrow anyways?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts