The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it would be uber cool to have some sort of large elisetalk gathering/autocross event held in some relatively central location. Maybe its just wishful thinking but I think an all elise autocross with our board members showing their driving skills would be very cool. The miata folks have an event in Colorado each year where they all talk smack to each other all year and then meet to have a "drive off" once a year in the fall.

Think it could work? I'd love to see all our autocross folks in action. I think we have some very skilled drivers here.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I like it and will help set it up, time, etc. It would be a lot of fun. Combine it with some kind of autocross school on Saturday and Autocross on Sunday.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I have been discussing the possibility of a combined MR2-Elise meet next year. I think June. In Topeka, center of the nation.

Positives. We would get the use of a great racetrack and also Forbes Field. Costs and work would be shared with the MR2 folks.

Negatives. It is a long way from everyone except babak who lives in Topeka. Since a lot of people live on the coasts, that is a drive of 1000-1500 miles each way. I really question how many people beyond a few would do that.

Anyway, I don't know if we will do this. It is being talked about. It would be a Club111-ClubMR2 meet.

Otherwise, it might make more sense to do a coastal thing. One east coast autocross and one west coast. On the west coast, perhaps Northern California or maybe Las Vegas. Las Vegas is close enough to most people and affords other reasons to go, and it's easy enough to rent a track at LVMS. Or heck, Lake Tahoe was awesome at the WCLM. Maybe we can do something like that again? Lots of possibilities.

But we may still do Topeka next June. Maybe.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
'05 WCLM is still totally up in the air at the moment. It's in my head at least that Club111 would be included in the '05 WCLM wherever it is. Some potential locations:
Tahoe (I don't think anyone would mind going back)
Vegas
Monterey (Laguna & nearby autoX site)
We've also looked at places near Buttonwillow and Thunderhill, but they lack the amenities needed to support such an event.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
BMWCCA's big gathering is in Pasadena, CA this year - acually this week!

Cal Speedway is not too far, and would accomodate all of the track & auto-x stuff.

Plus there's Disneyland and all of the other SoCal attractions for families.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
club111 southeast is planning on having a three day autocross school and event some time in the spring next year, Jim's going to help organize since he's got experience and I'm basically clueless.
Chris

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
We have two really good locations here in Atlanta, Turner Field and Gwinnette County Fair Grounds. As Chris mentioned we are planning an autocross school and autocross in the spring of '05. The school will be Friday night classroom and Saturday driving drills. Sunday will be an autocross so we could do the East Coast event at that time.
But an East - West showdown, now that sounds like fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts