The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also ordered the Lotus Super Sport Yellow adjustable sway bar... delivery late this month. In the instruction, it said the Black Motorsport adjustable sway bar is stiffer. Does anyone have any experience w/ the "new and improved" yellow sway bar from Lotus. I'm worried that P3 on the yellow maybe too soft for the Ohlins. Instruction recommends P3 w/ the Ohlins setup but I think that was written w/ the Black Motorsport sway bar in mind.

Any help?

Thanks.
J

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do you know it takes about 10 minutes to change the setting ....... why not just try it and see what setting you prefer? Even if someone has the recommendation, it may not be what you like anyway :shrug:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the Ohlins and the black Lotus Sport sway bar set on the softest position. The handling is very good, but I think the softer bar would be even better. The way things are now I really don't feel there is any meaningful adjustment to be made.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have the Ohlins and the black Lotus Sport sway bar set on the softest position. The handling is very good, but I think the softer bar would be even better. The way things are now I really don't feel there is any meaningful adjustment to be made.
Have you removed your front camber shims? That will help the understeer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pricing is up to each dealer

Is there a place that lists the lotus sport accessories and associated prices? I looked on the lotus webpage but didnt' see it.
Lotus Sport recommends a suggested price per part but the dealer has the discretion to set its own price. Lotus will not tell you what that recommeded price is. I had one dealer quote me over $6k for a set of Lotus Sport Ohlins... obviously I went w/ a different dealer. Check w/ multiple dealers to get the best price. I got this info from Lotus Sport.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, this info helps.

Others have posted that the Ohlins setup will result in an oversteer w/o a stiffer sway bar. This didn't make sense to me given that front spring rate is up ~18% and the rear is up ~13%. I would think this would result in a greater understeer w/ the stock swaybar at steady-state... hence the yellow swaybar, which would allow me to set the bar softer than the stock swaybar.

Thanks.
J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts