Registered
9,150 Posts
Nice. Of course it's not SCCA compliant for stock class :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jer,

Well, no official autoxing then, but sure would be fun for some unofficial runs and open track days!!

420 HP and 2200 pounds. Kind of like a Noble, but much better looking (and a Lotus!)...

P..o..w..e..r.. OVERSTEER!!!! Yahoo!:clap:

Chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
Engines look like they're sourced from Audi. Good. The engine in my old TT was just outstanding. Had no business being so smooth while getting 225 bhp from 1.8 litres, albeit with a turbo.

I would venture to say that the Toyota lump in the Elise is tad more coarse. At least in my experience.

Heresy, I know, but there you go.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
ChrisStarrUSA said:
420 HP and 2200 pounds. Kind of like a Noble, but much better looking (and a Lotus!)...
Get a Mosler MT900. Its cheaper and even better looking, has GM power, and is race tuned.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
ChrisStarrUSA said:
That's not a Lotus. Parts of it started life as a Lotus, then it was highly modified...:no:

That's kind of like saying the Elise is a Toyota Celica...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Understood, but I was kind of thinking like a monster Miata with a Ford 302 V8 is still a Miata. A heavily modified Miata, but a Miata nonetheless.

I know it's heavily modified, but it still looks cool! And it sure looks fun to drive!

Ideally, as somewhat of a purist myself, would love to be able to buy a Lotus engineered "super-Elise" - with a hi-power engine. But if they don't do it, glad to see entrepreneurial tuners step in to fill the market demand.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts