The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scine almost the day I took posession of my car, I've had a recurring problem with my passenger door. The rod from the door handle keeps popping off when opening the door from the inside. It is an easy fix but after repairing yesterday before going out, I drove down to the local cruise night. The car always draws lots of attention in a sea of muscle cars and street rods. Park the car and when my passenger trys to open door, pop, nothing. I have to go around and open door for him. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a permanent fix or should I let the dealer handle it? Or is it :tadts:

Thanks!

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
Are you missing the retainer clip for the rod? It's what the rod sits in and clips to after the bend at the end of the rod. This plastic clip is what keeps the rod seated in its proper place.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've had door/window problems too.

First, for the last two weeks the passenger door window closes about 2" shy of fully closed.

Then yesterday it goes all the way up.

Then today after washing it ( windows all up ) i go to dry off the door jams, and then the passenger door won't close. It seems like the window is now too far up to allow the door to close. So I lower the window and the door closes. WTF.... :wallbang:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you missing the retainer clip for the rod? It's what the rod sits in and clips to after the bend at the end of the rod. This plastic clip is what keeps the rod seated in its proper place.
No. The clip seems like a poor design. The tail should go over the top of the rod. I used a tie wrap around the tail of the clip and the rod yesterday. We'll see how long this lasts.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
No. The clip seems like a poor design. The tail should go over the top of the rod. I used a tie wrap around the tail of the clip and the rod yesterday. We'll see how long this lasts.
The tail of the plastic retainer clip should "clip" onto the rod shaft after the bend. Sounds like yours is broken:confused:

Also, you should check all your guide rails that your window slides on to be sure no screws have backed out. There should be one screw at the top of each rail. Look at the doors front and back between the doors window seal (window must be down and you can see them from the top view into the door using a light), as this can cause similar issues to what you're describing with the window not lining up properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts