The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Chris today and got it all taken care of ( at least for the first car).

Ardent Red.

Black Cloth Interior.

Sport Suspension package.

Hardtop.

Finally, its Official! WOOT!!!!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
What was the total amount you had to put down? I take it it's non refundable at this point?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actual order for the car?

Are you talking about the actual order for the car and not the deposit? I guess you must be one of the first ones the waiting list. Did they tell you when they'll have it in?

How much are they making you pay? My dealer (working with Tom Skinner as Criswell in MD) said that we would order three months before it arrives and I would need to pay for the car when I ordered.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, at this point my deposit is now a Non Refundable Purchase Order.

Im number #5 and # 12 at Lotus of Atlanta. Ive had the two deposits down with LOA for over a year now. LOA"s deposits are $1000 each. But each of my deposits are $500..due to unusual circumstances regarding a now defunct dealer. At this point Ive only place the actual order on ONE car.

Marvin, I wont be paying for the car until it arrives. Ive not heard of a dealer making you pay for the car before you get it? What if you were financing it? You couldnt produce a VIN number for the bank...that sounds like a crock to me.

My husband actually talked to Chris and was at work, so his main focus was on placing the order. He forgot to ask when the cars would be arriving. He told Chris we'd call back on Friday if he thought of any more questions...so I'll ask on Friday and let you know what Chris says.

Lotus of Atlanta is GREAT...if you dont have a dealer I highly recommend them. Chris Constantine is very nice, and I owe the dealership a debt of gratitude for helping me out of a bad situation..they are super ( long story).

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Re: Actual order for the car?

MarvinVA said:
Are you talking about the actual order for the car and not the deposit? I guess you must be one of the first ones the waiting list. Did they tell you when they'll have it in?

How much are they making you pay? My dealer (working with Tom Skinner as Criswell in MD) said that we would order three months before it arrives and I would need to pay for the car when I ordered.
Martin, can you verify having to pay for the car when placing the order? When I test drove the Euro car, Tom mentioned to me that they would have some kind of financing available. No way will a bank give you a loan with no colateral.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
So what's the scoop?

Have you seen any color samples?

Do you know what wheels come with the LSS option?

Any details or picture of what the car will look like in it various trim levels?

Can we get the interior in different colors like on the Euro cars?

Details woman, we need details:confused:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nxm150 said:
Jenn, did you get a final cost? Was there any extra fees included?
Nope, didnt get a final cost. George ( my husband) likely didnt ask.

Im going by what Chris told us, I certainly hope there arent any strange prep fee's or something. I highly doubt it but I'll ask Chris on Friday.

Vehicle MSRP: $39,985
Destination: 795
Sports Pack: 2480
Hard Top: 1475

TOTAL $44,735
Tax + 2684

Out the Door $47,419

Ive seen Ardent Red in person so I didnt ask to see a paint sample. Cant help you there. Randy posted a picture of the wheel for the sport suspension package, I'll attach it at the bottom of this post.

My needs were simple, Black Cloth, Sport Suspension, Hardtop, Ardent Red.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
racing green as optional color? BLASPHEMY should be the standard color!

and by the way, your friend Chris NEVER returned my call about giving them a deposit

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LotusLust said:

and by the way, your friend Chris NEVER returned my call about giving them a deposit
Sorry, dont know what to tell you there. He's always been very attentive and great with us and with everyone I know.

Is it possible he didnt get your message? They are quite busy there especially now that they're expanding.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
LotusLust said:
BLASPHEMY should be the standard color!
No, BLASPHEMY is not a standard color, it's a "lifestyle" color. Lotus calls it "Chrome Orange". :p

EDIT: By the by, I think the reason Racing Green doesn't fall under the "standard" category because it costs them more to spray it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
LotusLust said:

Damit, now I've really gotta make up my mind and still no mention of Type-25 stripe :confused:

Plus we have interior choices and interior colors to choose. Has anyone seen biscuit? Is it a light brown or a dark brown, lets hope they don't mean the kind you eat. I don't think that kind would last too long:D

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
What about leather interior? Any real negatives to it other than cost?

Oh, and what about wheels? Any chance we can get them in black instead of clear anodized?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
see biscuit?

perhaps not enough horses under the bonnet for that

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I just checked the Rimstock site. The wheel is called the "Omega". It's only available from them in silver or bronze. Weight isn't available on their site, but looks to be around 6-7 kg (12.5 - 15 lbs)

I might just hold off on the sports package and get those KMS wheels if they ever become available.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hey, OneFast, congratulations ! Sounds like you are the first (at least on this BBS) to have officially placed an order :) .

Are you coming to the LA Auto Show ?

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
transio said:
I just checked the Rimstock site. The wheel is called the "Omega". It's only available from them in silver or bronze. Weight isn't available on their site, but looks to be around 6-7 kg (12.5 - 15 lbs)

I might just hold off on the sports package and get those KMS wheels if they ever become available.
Keep in mind that the LSS package include suspension upgrades/tuning. Not just wheels.

Simply adding larger wheels will likely hurt the cars performance.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I understand that. I'd rather upgrade the suspension AND wheels myself to get the wheels that I want.

If I can get JUST the suspension upgrades, I may take that, but I want aftermarket for three reasons:

1. Because I've decided on Yellow, I want the black rims for the Type 99 look. It's a "traditional" (well, future traditional, anyway) lotus look, and I think that the silver rims are a little too "bling" looking on the yellow car. The black tones down the look just enough.
  2. The KMS and SSR wheels are significantly lighter than the Rimstocks.
  3. I can wait. The car may outperform my needs in its stock form. Until I actually drive it, how can I assume what I'll want?
  4. EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. I also HATE cleaning wheels!!!
If Lotus offered black wheels (such as the SSR or KMS) with the sports package, I would get it. As it is, I guess I'll wait.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congrats OneFastMiata...

First order I know of. Please let us know when you get your hands on the paperwork so we know for certain at least one car made it through with no market adjusments.

Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts