The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NSFW - Some bad language right at the start.

1st run: [email protected]
2nd run: [email protected]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXkwMsPi-ao&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXkwMsPi-ao&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I expected him to do alot worse... but I mean if you are gonna drag an exige/elise it should atleast be supercharged :no:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hell im turbo and id still be ashamed to drag race the elise....too many cheap hondas,nissans, and mustangs with 400+hp around here.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That looks like an "S" to me. Small scoop on the roof.

Funny to hear all the "Psssst" turbo blowoff sounds in the background...
Cheers
Skottoman

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I probably wouldn't try it on the stock clutch, but maybe a more upgraded one. Also, isn't there someone else who was hitting deep low 13s on a stock Elise/Exige?

Has anyone with an actual Exige S ever tracked it once just to see? I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
stock exige S here.

I took mine to the drag strip with an evo friend of mine.

I only ran once.

Terrible launch, my trac control i think kicked in.

Still ran a respectable 13.85 though.

I would suspect with some tweaking/practice low 13's easy.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
stock exige S here.

I took mine to the drag strip with an evo friend of mine.

I only ran once.

Terrible launch, my trac control i think kicked in.

Still ran a respectable 13.85 though.

I would suspect with some tweaking/practice low 13's easy.

Seems the Exige S is quite a bit more capable than that. Magazines have managed mid 12s out of it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Seems the Exige S is quite a bit more capable than that. Magazines have managed mid 12s out of it.

Ive read that as well.

Its probably the launch. I believe our cars are a lot like the s2000.

To get a good drag out of it you need to rev it to 7k plus rpms. and dump the clutch. Something i didnt want to do.

3k rpm launch from me.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I hit 13.180 @ 102.70mph bone stock back in Fall 2005: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/266029-post77.html
Driver makes all the difference!

I was told I couldnt break 14s in a miata with bolt ons and I did

I was told I couldnt get a sub 2sec 60ft in my 300z(Non turbo) and I did

Some people, even ones who are good on circuits, are bad with the clutch and shifting. I believe magazine times are all higher than whats capable after someone gets a good feel for their car. Those guys may be good drivers, but experience in each car can improve times.

Oh and it says "s/c" on his windshield under his car number...not a sure indicator it was supercharged, but judging from the weak launches those numbers would be pretty consistent with a supercharged car.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Driver makes all the difference!

I was told I couldnt break 14s in a miata with bolt ons and I did

I was told I couldnt get a sub 2sec 60ft in my 300z(Non turbo) and I did

Some people, even ones who are good on circuits, are bad with the clutch and shifting. I believe magazine times are all higher than whats capable after someone gets a good feel for their car. Those guys may be good drivers, but experience in each car can improve times.

Oh and it says "s/c" on his windshield under his car number...not a sure indicator it was supercharged, but judging from the weak launches those numbers would be pretty consistent with a supercharged car.
So if i tell you you can break into the 11's with a stock elise will you do it after some expierence?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'd say it's an S. The roof intake is larger. The splitter is shiny - as if painted. I think there's an S on the fender.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I couldnt tell cause its kinda fuzzy... but maybe if the driver shaves a few pounds he could get some faster times :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I started out as a drag racer in a 5.0 Mustang. To make it turn quick times, I had to abuse the crap out of it--rev to 5000 rpm, slip (not dump) the clutch, and speed shift. Speed shifting alone is worth two tenths, but it kills the drivetrain.

Not something I'd want to do to my Exige.

Terry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts