The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that everyone is getting a chance to see the Elise, how many still wish the interior still looked like this?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Not big on the leaves.

Put me down on record as someone that likes the new interior a lot more.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, how about this one.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
alcantara inserts on the seats (as opposed to the standard cloth) with the leather outset would have been really cool. Overall I the fed interior is much better looking IMO. The fed center stack looks much better with the stereo centered.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i'll have the new version

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I like the Federal one better, since the door panels are perforated and match the perforations on the dash.

Did anyone get a car without touring yet? What do those seats look like?

Also, I like the look of the leather seats on the US model and the radio being easier to access. I didnt like the look of the hidden speakers behind the holes either on the other cars, the ones on the US are more like the ones on the Esprit.

The placement for sound quality may have been better in the old location since they were facing you, instead of just facing straight up into the windshield, but I dont care about sound quality, since after driving cars with AM radios and one speaker when I was growing up, anything is an improvement.

Never liked the 111s seats. They look like a regular seat that someone slipped a different colored sleeveless t-shirt over.

·
Registered
389 Posts
what's supposed to be so much better about the Euro interior? I had one - thought all that alcantara was a bit cheesy (it must be a guy thing - girls prefer leather ;) )

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have to admit that I've grown to like the Federal interior more.

Still wish we didn't have to have the airbags...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Although I like the look of the alcantera when new, I've heard that it quickly shows wear, discolors in the sun, and is very difficult to keep it clean and looking nice.

I definately like the new interior better:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why settle??

We've been waiting a collective century for this car because we accept what is offered to us and stick with it, "thank you sir may I have another".??

Nope..

Couple of measely hundred bucks to an established upholsterer and voila' the interior of your dreams. I've seen some amazing jobs done by marine places. I guess the salt water necessitates frequent repairs/changes.

This brings up a question for those of you "in the know". I'm hell-bent on SY, touring and I want to try the blue leather interior? Any idea if this is still possible? I heard mention of it early on. Will it surely delay me by 9months?

I figured I'd start with the blue and have it restitched in yellow and some Lotus logos stitched into the head rests? To hell with subtle right?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Nope- I like the fed version much better. I do wish the dash and door panels were'nt textured w/ the small indentations though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts