The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,098 Posts
Are you trying it with the roof in the protective bag, or "nekkid"?

Believe it or not, a local S4s owner here had a factory roof bag that was so thick it prevented the top panel from fitting into the boot.

It's that tight.

You may need to insert the panel into the bag "backwards", that is, either upside down from the way you are trying, or with the opposite side leading.

That way the seams will end up in a different area and hopefully you will be successful. :bow:

++++++++++++

PS, The hacksaw was used by the factory. -eek- I saw a restored Investor Edition G-car (the first with a removable roof, IIRC) that had notches cut into the boot openings. The owner said they were Factory. :up:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
It goes in upside down (shiny side down). Of course its a good idea to put it in the bag first. Easy when its oriented the right way.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It goes in upside down (shiny side down). Of course its a good idea to put it in the bag first. E
asy when its oriented the right way.
This.... ^ Who would have thought the painted side should go down??

It only goes in painted side down, with the tangs toward the front of the car. This does have it at an awkward angle with the left side propped on the hump that clears the exhaust. I found that a roll of paper towels under the right side stabilizes it nicely. I don't have the factory storage bag, and I'm not sure it'd fit if it was in it... that said, anyone with a factory storage bag they'd part with, I'd certainly give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts