The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, seeing how I should be picking up my elise tomorrow (this is how i feel right now: :panic: ) I think its about time we got everyone in the Oklahoma area active. We need to set up a date about a month in advance so everyone has time to plan out for it. Lets start putting together some ideas and such, like what we want to do. Do we want to have a meet and drive? Maybe a meet and BBQ or something? We can try to do it central to everyone and I can start looking for a decent place for a meet. Lets get something started. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I pointed this out in another thread, but Railroad Bridge Road drive is about the best road near the OKC metro. We can easily meet somewhere in Norman, maybe have EuroSport help out with the Lotus meet as I know they are open on Saturday mornings and have been quite accommodating to the BMW Motorsports of Oklahoma club. After that, we can roll to the Highway 9 east exit and take 77 south to Slaughterville road.

That way we have a social gathering/facilities tour to start and greet everyone, then a fun drive afterwards in what will hopefully be cooler weather.

If most people don't want to head south, a Route 66 run can certainly be had, with a meet-up at Pops in Arcadia.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Did you end up getting the Chrome Orange car from Jenks? Welcome to your new sickness! You are now one of us! <evil laugh!>

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did used to do rides/meets at pops when I had the bike. That could be a good spot to drive to, makes for cool pictures as well.

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you end up getting the Chrome Orange car from Jenks? Welcome to your new sickness! You are now one of us! <evil laugh!>
Check cleared, should be picking it up tomorrow!

The drive home i'm gonna be like :coolnana: :nanner: the whole way.

I may even try to stick the hardtop in the bmw with the wife so I can ride topless!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I pointed this out in another thread, but Railroad Bridge Road drive is about the best road near the OKC metro. We can easily meet somewhere in Norman, maybe have EuroSport help out with the Lotus meet as I know they are open on Saturday mornings and have been quite accommodating to the BMW Motorsports of Oklahoma club. After that, we can roll to the Highway 9 east exit and take 77 south to Slaughterville road.

That way we have a social gathering/facilities tour to start and greet everyone, then a fun drive afterwards in what will hopefully be cooler weather.

If most people don't want to head south, a Route 66 run can certainly be had, with a meet-up at Pops in Arcadia.
Would be happy to help out with a get together at any time. Call and talk to Chris or Ryan and let us know how to help. :cool:

Other nice northern rides/drives (short but sweet) include 77 between Guthrie (Stables) and Mulholl (Lucilles) as well as Hogback Rd (The Rooster in Jones and Pops up north).

Congrats on the purchase, always good to have more Loti in the area! :up: (surely you'll come back on 66 and not the turnpike :D)

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess technically we could all meet at the cars and coffee and have our own little section so everyone can meet everyone and hang out. What about that?

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah and I'd be out for next month since I'll be in Florida for our wedding.
Let's do a meet maybe either near the end of August or middle of September.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can make the 25th. How about meeting downtown to be centralized to Norman/Moore/Edmond folks, then taking Spencer/Hogback road to Briton and up Hiwassee?

This isn't the prettiest drive but it about the most "scenic" route to Pops from downtown, with Elemental Coffee on Hudson and 8th as a meeting point. They have a good sized parking lot and fantastic coffee, a good spot to meet up just to grab something to drink in case you want to eat at Pops or someplace else.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts