1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
This has to be the quote of the century, Chapman must be turning in his grave...

Just tell your buddy I know a guy with a civic that will tear his ass up. Always a faster/better car out there

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I can't believe I read that thread. Another 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. :facepalm

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
I really hate the stereotype that lotus cars are slow.. =[

I think i can speak for all modded Exige S owners when I say it's frustrating to hear at cars shows when people walk by and tell their buddies how it only has 190hp and it's really slow... especially when you're in the ballpark of 300HP....

·
Registered
712 Posts
I really hate the stereotype that lotus cars are slow.. =[

I think i can speak for all modded Exige S owners when I say it's frustrating to hear at cars shows when people walk by and tell their buddies how it only has 190hp and it's really slow... especially when you're in the ballpark of 300HP....
What I think most people need to keep in mind is that, in America cars are deemed fast by only 1 grading scale.... the 1/4 mile. Now I know the S260 is a quick car by that standard, but how many people here in the states can even tell the difference between an Elise (which isn't terribly quick) and an Exige S260? In my experience, not may people even know there's an Exige, or believe it's the exact same outside of "it's not a convertible.

Of course your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
796 Posts
i wonder if Imsykogrl ever hooked up with the Lotus guy.

Okay fellas, who was it?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
It was funny to read.

The girl who started the thread seems to dislike the guy more than his car.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
A good friend of mine tracks his Camaro ZL1 and we have done a few events together. It gets around the track very well and he puts up some amazing times for a newer driver.

I try to talk about "consumables and fuel costs" often.

·
Registered
796 Posts
David, I don't know.

After someone said the 'hitting on you' she didn't say a damned thing. i think that statement sunk in.

she was definitely thinking about him quite a bit to write the post.

Oscar Wilde, “There is only one thing in the world that is worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I want to meet up with The Todd at a track and see what he can do with his green beast of a Camaro

People stopped making the I bet it gets good gas milage and it's slow after I installed the wing/aero and harnesses

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
:facepalm That was easily one of the most misinformed threads i have ever read. I guess that comes with too much pride in your car

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually it seemed like about half of them were rational human beings

·
Registered
663 Posts
Who really cares what the muscle car crowd thinks. They just gauge HP and 0to60 times as what makes a car.
Really? I think most of them don't even care about 0 to 60 times... they strictly care about HP. Which is why they all think their Camaros could crush every Lotus. Only like, one guy, even mentioned power to weight ratios.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I guess they have to rationalize their inability to afford a Lotus somehow...

(or at least some of them? considering the new Camaros cost what a very nice, used Elige would)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts