The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving my Exige a fresh look with the 2010 Exige front clam but my car is a 2006 model. I was wondering if the Headlight assembly from a 2006 model can be fitted on a 2012 front clam. I have searched on on the forums and google for guys that all ready changed there front clams for a 2010 one but no one says anything about the headlight. The headlight assembly looks very different if you take them off the car. 2006 are a 2 piece assembly and the 2010 is a one piece kit, mounting points look to be the same. Any one can shed any light on this problem please?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've done it....but it was only temporary. I upgraded my 05' to an 08' clam. From there I waited patiently for a used set of the newer lights to go on sale to match the 08' clam. In the mean time I made a set of adapter brackets to make them work. It took forever to get them to line up perfect but I got it. I just fabbed them up out of aluminum and plastic spacers. I then used some foam to seal up the open spots. I still have the adapter brackets sitting on the shelf not being used if your interested.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I've got an '09 and wanted to change the front clam too...where did you get your '10 clam from? Do you mind telling us how much you paid for it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts