The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made a bunch of Lotus photos that I shot in the '90s and early 2000s available on Flickr. There isn't much point in doing that if people don't know if they are there, so ...

Lotus 102B 1991 USGP
Team Lotus, the Type 102B, and Mika Hakkinen's first F1 race (driving for Lotus)

Pure Sport X180R
The Pure Sport X180R that won that first World Challenge race during post-race re-prep

Lotus 49B R11 - 1998
Lotus 49B R11 in a photo shoot that I did to get details for building scale models of the car

Lotus 49B R11 - 2004
The same Lotus 49B a few years later while it was being restored, also shot for model building details

alan

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I remember seeing Pete Lovely vintage race that 49B at PIR many years ago.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I shall never think of my Formula Continental as being decrepit again after study of the Lotus open wheel cars here.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Awesome. Thanks so much for putting these gems up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photos. I shall never think of my Formula Continental as being decrepit again after study of the Lotus open wheel cars here.
I don't recall if it is the Flickr comments, so if I am repeating what is there, oh, well.

49B R11 was sold to Pete Lovely, a Seattle/Tacoma area VW dealer and occasional driver for Lotus, as a new build. He ran in a few European F1 events, transporting it on a VW single-cab transporter with bed extensions, similar to the one in my 1998 photos. It turns out that 49B R11 was not a new build. It was a rebuild of 49 R2. That was the car that Jim Clark drove to win the 1967 Dutch Grand Prix, the debut of the Type 49 and of the Ford DFV engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts