The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think about older porsches?? along my travels to parts stores for miata parts i found not only a VERY cheap 1996 miata thats in perfect condition other then some dings and dent in the body but also a porsche 951? turbo, i stoped and looked at it and talked to the owner about it. its practicly a fully built race car(and still street legal) but he kept the interior. its very clean and actually nice looking. idk how much they normaly go for since i didnt find many online like it. this is the closest i could find on ebay,

eBay Motors: Porsche : 944 (item 110285840545 end time Sep-10-08 10:00:00 PDT)

except his car dosnt have as much of a full cage as the white one..99% of his mods are to the engine.. he gave me a ride. and wow it goes like a beast. the suspension is very stiff which has a down side, i liked it but havnt the slightest clue about them..if anyone could fill in on how much these go for or what its like owning, working on, or anything else would be great..

·
Registered
401 Posts
There are still a ton of 951s around, running fast on track, and cheap as hell. They do break, however, and there is a lot of knowledge available to keep them running. Check the Porsche boards such as Rennlist, flatsix, or pelicanparts.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are still a ton of 951s around, running fast on track, and cheap as hell. They do break, however, and there is a lot of knowledge available to keep them running. Check the Porsche boards such as Rennlist, flatsix, or pelicanparts.
one of my friends in highschool had one i hung out with him a couple times and even his stock one was really nice and fast also

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
944 is a great car, but parts are expensive. It's not as much of a bargain as it looks.

Heck, the early Boxsters are probably a better deal financially.

·
Registered
563 Posts
As far as old Porsches go, I LOVE the 944 and the 928.

I favor the 928 slightly more though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Strange how these things work out. In my mind an older Porsche would be something like a 356, a short wheelbase 912 or maybe a 911 Targa.

Guess I'm just showing my age?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Strange how these things work out. In my mind an older Porsche would be something like a 356, a short wheelbase 912 or maybe a 911 Targa.

Guess I'm just showing my age?

That's what I was expecting to see too.....I've had a 356B, a 914-6, 911SC, 911 Turbo and now a 993TT. I'll never own a water-cooled one though...too much of a traditionalist, I guess.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i love all Porsches from the first car up to 993.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If I didnt get a Lotus, I was going to get a ~1991 928. But in hindsight, I dont think I could have afforded to maintain the 928.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
that 993 is beautiful!!!....what would be the price of that car?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw a 930 turbo slant nose yesterday and induced an erection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts