The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, that's Schfiftyfive. He works there. Curious to hear his version of the story. I've always wondered what it sounds like to have a car crash through a wall and land on your desk. Those security camera's just don't give you the full experience.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had one loose control, hit the corner of our building and slide along the front coming to a stop in a planter 4' off the ground.... Even being on the 3rd floor, it shook like crazy and sounded like a deep rumble....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Funny to see this here! I'm internet famous. ;)

So I was just sitting in my office (which is at the opposite end of the building), when I felt the whole building shake. Not just the walls, but the floor under me and everything. I thought maybe a rack in the server room fell over (who knows why that would happen), or someone knocked over a full file cabinet upstairs. But none of it really made any sense. Wandered around, and when I got to the break room I found this:

I realized that someone had jumped the alley and hit the wall, but I also knew my car was parked right near that wall. So I thought for sure that someone had creamed it and pushed it into the wall. When I went outside I saw the car in the alley:

The car literally never even touched the ground. Fire department was already there, due to someone calling in from him hitting someone else down the street. He was completely fine. The airbag had gone off, probably a bit shocked, but he was in the car talking with the fire department for a while before they took him out.

Here's another shot. I got, you can see the fence post that is over the top of my car. Well that part of the fence had an extension, a bar about 4 feet long that flew out and landed on the back of my car, and gouged out the paint down to the fiberglass and put scuffs all down the side of the car. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I know that there are big gouges out of the paint, and the fence post was sitting behind my car on the ground.

So yeah, that's pretty much what happened. It was pretty crazy. The best part about the thing is that nobody was hurt. If someone had been in the break room, they would have gotten hit by those lockers that flew across the room, and probably would have been smashed between them and the tables. Makes you realize how much kinetic energy is involved in a car even just going 30mph.

A guy who works here and who is a journalist blogged about it too. I chuckled at his mention of the car.

The Washington Ledge: Car Crashes Into TVW

·
Registered
736 Posts
Close call. At least ya missed out on your car getting too involved. Or for that matter having left overs in that room at the time. I'd be pissed if I died eating a sandwich at work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts