The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how many of you are you interested for Basketball but as i know the day is coming . (tomorrow 8/14)

The day that all the NBArs are waiting 2 years now to defeat again the Greek national Basketball team and to win us .

To remember you (sorry guys if/for pissed you off :p) the Greek national team is the one and only (except one period that US team plaied with players from Colleges , i dont remember when) that has already won the US "dream team" on 2006 .

So , now , what you believe for tomorrow ??

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greek lockal time @ 15.00 on 8/14

that means probably @ 08.00 on the morning for NY people

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe that it'll take several weeks for the Greeks to get rid of the basketball taste in their mouths.
extremelly optimistic !! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

we will become your worst nightmare !!! rotflrotfl

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sofaklis was a big factor when Greece beat USA back in 2006. Since he's gained so much weight, he's pretty much a non-factor this year. Spain dismantled Greece without too much difficulty, I seriously doubt Greece is as big a contender as they were back then. Greece's backcourt game is wicked though, so if USA can keep up their stifling one-on-one defense, Greece will have trouble running plays.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I dont know how many of you are you interested for Basketball but as i know the day is coming . (tomorrow 8/14)

The day that all the NBArs are waiting 2 years now to defeat again the Greek national Basketball team and to win us .

To remember you (sorry guys if/for pissed you off :p) the Greek national team is the one and only (except one period that US team plaied with players from Colleges , i dont remember when) that has already won the US "dream team" on 2006 .

So , now , what you believe for tomorrow ??
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post but I believe your saying the Greek National team is the only team to defeat the US National team. If thats the case its not true. Off the top of my head I can name two others, Argentina and Puerto Rico. (Lithuania is another that I just found)

Not to mention the one and only "Dream Team" was the US National team that competed in the 1992 Olympics.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I recall the US team has lost 7 times since they went with NBA players.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post but I believe your saying the Greek National team is the only team to defeat the US National team. If thats the case its not true. Off the top of my head I can name two others, Argentina and Puerto Rico. (Lithuania is another that I just found)

Not to mention the one and only "Dream Team" was the US National team that competed in the 1992 Olympics.
Yes , there are one ore two more teams that as i am remember they have won US Basketball team .

The only difference was that period (Olympic games or Basketball world cup , i dont remember) as i told before US team came to the games with NCAA players and not NBAers ...
It was a period with relationship problems between David Stern and Worldwide Basketball Federation (???)

As for the drea team , yes off course you are correct .
This was the one and only AUTHENTIC DREAM TIME.

But as i can understand current team with Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthon is the NEXT DREAM TEAM ...
:bow:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Dream Team? Yawn....

They should just take the National Champs (damn Celtics) and let them play. If they decline, take up second (GO LAKERS). Putting a bunch of non-cohesive ball hogs together is a pretty stupid idea to me.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
There's no way the Celtics could play. They went to seven games in the 1st two playoff series and six games in the final two. They were pooped. Before the Celtics were even finished, these guys were training already.

It's a dream team in that it features all the best players, but that doesn't always equate to victory. We have no big men. That was a dumb move in the selection process.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts