The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get automated phone calls regarding their elise's warranty about expire, or expired, and tries to sell you a new extended warranty? I constantly get stupid **** in the mail trying to do the same thing.

I already bought a stupid X warranty through LOTUS.

I get like 3 a week, I've even listened to the whole message hoping to talk to someone to get off their stupid list. It doesn't seem to be something Lotus set up either, rather it's a 3rd party or multiple 3rd parties trying to get my business, and it's pissing me off. Occasionally the message says to be taken off the list press # or something and I do, but it doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
yep it got to the point where i wrote software for my phone that automatically rejects certain phone numbers, or 'unknown' numbers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hell, just 3? At work we get about 10 a day, that offer us extended warranties, messages from "card holder services," that someone said we live with a diabetic, our dish tv service, that we're looking for new windows... none of which we have or need here. It's all automated, never mentions a specific company and the only option you get at the end is "press 1 to speak with a customer support representative."

Does your message specifically mention Lotus? None of the ones here at the office mention any company at all.

Luckily we have several lines here and these calls typically come in on just one specific line. We pick up, don't say a word, and the the automated mention never starts. But, we're also clueless on how to get them to stop.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Could not resist playing with them. Told the nice gentleman that I was interested. He asked about my car. "Sure", I say, "its a 1991 Ford Corolla with 136,000 miles". Without missing a step his reply was: "We normally only warranty cars up to 130,000 miles. Let me transfer you to my supervisor, I am sure we can make an exception for you." I didn't wait for the hold music to stop....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I get these calls on my cell phone as well... usually at the end it asks you to puch 2 to unsubscribe

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
So you're hacking your cellphone too? :up:
one of my companies does games and applications for cell phones, so yeah, i was being driven nuts by an UNKNOWN caller, and verizon refuses to setup their system to block unknown calls, only calls from people with caller id who do selective blocking.

now i just have it cancel the call and it reroutes it to my voicemail system which translates it to an email, most telemarket places figure out its voicemail and hang up, and if they don't its much less hassle for me to listen to voicemail in an email than going through the dumb cell phone co's system.

this thread made me start thinking about it more, its like using IP blocking for torrents/spammers, maybe i should extend the software so it can download a list of numbers from a central database that are known spammers.

·
shay2nak
24,979 Posts
is that what those calls are! I've gotten maybe 5 voicemails talking about some sort of warranty expiring and I have no idea what the hell it's about. Now it makes a some sense, but I still have 1.5 years of warranty left. :shrug: I've never been at work to answer the call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts