The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
You have no idea how much restraint it took for me to keep my response to his post so civil.

"I'm eagerly awaiting the Elise!"
"But I don't know whether it is chevy, ford, toyota..."

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
XconZ said:
Wow, that's sad. He want's to "place an order" on a car he knows nothing about. :(
This sort of thing was to be expected, unfortunately.

Luckily, you won't see these sorts of people at LOGs.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Not to defend the seemingly indefensible, but I believe he's questioning what dealer network will carry the car as he's probably not aware one already exists (as they're few and far between). I dunno, maybe.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
_JD_ said:
Not to defend the seemingly indefensible, but I believe he's questioning what dealer network will carry the car as he's probably not aware one already exists (as they're few and far between). I dunno, maybe.
Possibly...

I always assume the worst though ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm actually surprised by the number of people who do know what a Lotus is. The presence in the US has been very small for a long time and the name in cunjunction with network TV racing coverage has been equally rare.

When I say Lotus I never get "whats that ?" as a response. When I show pictures of the Elise and mention it's performance capability and tie in the Lotus name most people think it must a $200,000 plus car. :)

Steve

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I hope the Lotus Elise group aren't going to be a nose up, should you even be talking to me kinda group. Some people are just learning, and not have had the intensive study some of us have had on here. At least he can recognize a great car so easily. Ease up a little :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I hope the Lotus Elise group aren't going to be a nose up, should you even be talking to me kinda group.
When I first started attending Ferrari club events, I thought the same thing. But Ferraristi turned out to be some of the warmest, most accommodating, and sincere people I have come across.

Strangely enough, I find that some of the Mustang groups I had been a member of to be FAR more elitist in their thinking.

I suspect the people who own Lotus cars will be well brought-up, civil and kind individuals. I think the people on this forum have been friendly and I would love to meet them in the near future!

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
I hope the Lotus Elise group aren't going to be a nose up, should you even be talking to me kinda group. Some people are just learning, and not have had the intensive study some of us have had on here. At least he can recognize a great car so easily. Ease up a little :)
Well, come on, it only takes a few minutes to do a Google search and get some basic info. The guy probably just wanted attention.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,113 Posts
rtking said:
Strangely enough, I find that some of the Mustang groups I had been a member of to be FAR more elitist in their thinking.
That's a suprise. I thought with an SVO you'd be at the top of the totem pole. That is the coolest Mustang in the last 30 yrs.

People are people...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
FIAT fans are..... too busy pushing their cars on to the shoulder. HA HA Joe
Buwahahaha!! :D I can laugh because I once had a Fiat X1/9. It was a lovely car but I remember breaking reverse gear backing out of a flat parking spot! :eek: It was pretty embarassing pushing the car out of the spot and driving away! :p But besides being underpowered, it was actually a decent handling car! And quite strong I might add! But y'know what "FIAT" is an acronym for, right?

"Fix It Again Tomorrow"
"Fix It Againt Tony"
"Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation"

Sigh.... :p

That's a suprise. I thought with an SVO you'd be at the top of the totem pole. That is the coolest Mustang in the last 30 yrs.
Thanks Mapes! At most Mustang club gatherings, the Mustang SVO gets as much respect as a clapped-out Pinto. But I did a fine job embarassing the SVT crowd at the big-track at Willow Springs. The SVO just flat smoked all the Cobras except for one Cobra with a Kenny Brown Stage 3 suspension and supercharger.

I think with the Elise, we're all going to have tremendous fun! Excellent handling, great road-holding, strong motor and light-weight means we'll be quick in turns and in the straights! I can't wait!

Bob K.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Re: "Ferraristi" are actually called Tifosi....

joesellsmini said:
FIAT fans are..... too busy pushing their cars on to the shoulder.
Quick way to get on my bad side...:mad:

:p

**We FIAT owners dont need any more reminders. I once tried to talk my way out of a speeding ticket in my X1/9:
Policeman: Do you know why I pulled you ever?
Me: I dont know officer, did something fall off?
The policeman, ROTFL, proceeds to right me up anyway :(**

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Re: Re: "Ferraristi" are actually called Tifosi....

Modern Wedgie said:
Me: I dont know officer, did something fall off?
That's funny. He should have let you go without a ticket!

joesellsmini: "tifosi" doesn't really have anything to do with Farrari directly. It's an Italian word for "sports fans", and is even more commonly used for their soccer crowds.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
How can anyone complain about FIAT, they own Ferrari! (FIAT SpA) :confused:

(But we had an X19 in the family, and I recall that it ran less often than it was in the shop... )

Thomas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Almost every car brand has a funny acronym...

Audi : Another Useless Driver Inside

Saab: Swedish Auto Always Broken

Something An A$$hole Buys

Chevrolet: Can Hear Every Valve Roll On Lifter Every Time

Anybody know anymore?

I saw a great Land Rover shirt... it was the LR logo but the words Land Rover were substituted with Bend Over in perfect font... HAHA.

If this offends... deal with it... like Robin Williams said, "If they can't take a [email protected], joke 'em!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Fiat: Fix it again, Tony!
Ford: Fix or repair daily.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts