The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's Dubai.

Since they have Aventador cop cars, that's actual an ambulance.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
WTH? maybe it's for a commercial?

maybe someone has a garage on the 50th floor? :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's a commercial stunt.
The car was Heli-ported to the top of the Burj Al Arab 7(8?) stars hotel.
It's from Aston Martin, not Lotus.
It's the new Vanquish, not an Evora.
It's from january last year.

On a side note, Dubai cops dont really have supercars.
Dubai owns a large amount of exotic cars with cops livery, but their only purpose is to be displayed in malls, where tourist take pictures and share those around the world. A great markenting tool to promote Dubai. And when it comes to promoting Dubai, there's no limit on how much to spend.

Here's the Aston stunt :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-pJ2XaKu2o

And a better pic :

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
They parked a Ferrari ff cop car in front of our hotel for an hour or 2. A bunch of people posed for pictures and then they moved in to the next hotel I assume. Strange culture

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,265 Posts
Dubai is definitely one-of-kind - here's the indoor skiing area (Ski Dubai) in the Mall of the Emirates and a Lamborghini cruising the beach area (when I was on a business trip in 2008). The real police cars I saw are non-descript euro sedans (I believe Peugeot or Fiat) - they are rumored to have Lamborghini pursuit cars as there are plenty of fast cars out there, but I never saw one on duty.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dubai owns a large amount of exotic cars with cops livery, but their only purpose is to be displayed in malls, where tourist take pictures and share those around the world. A great marketing tool to promote Dubai. And when it comes to promoting Dubai, there's no limit on how much to spend.
Interesting marketing tool-

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts