The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the lighting forum and not found a thread on this: Has anyone modified the permanently-on headlights (low beams) so that they can be switched off during the day? The bulbs don't last on these cars and it would be great to be able to turn the headlights off when I don't need them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Search green wire mod
Its easy to do.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
226 Posts
Brake light switch

Any ideas on how to make a brake light switch?

My buddy in Hawaii ran one; it serves two purposes.

1) Tailgater getting a little too close for your comfort; hit the switch= brake lights go on, the momo gets off your back, and you haven't slowed down in the least. Slick as can be. :cool:

2) In the unlikely event that anyone would drive these cars over posted speed limits, one thing leo loves to see is you jamming on your brakes when you catch site of them hiding out on the side of the road like little girls with their radar, sorry, "revenue" guns. Don't give them the satisfaction. Just downshift.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I don't remember ever doing this, but when I bought mine, it didn't have this issue.

Might the previous owner(s) have done this mod already?

edit - Just kidding, realized the 05's didnt have this issue

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Any ideas on how to make a brake light switch?

My buddy in Hawaii ran one; it serves two purposes.

1) Tailgater getting a little too close for your comfort; hit the switch= brake lights go on, the momo gets off your back, and you haven't slowed down in the least. Slick as can be. :cool:

2) In the unlikely event that anyone would drive these cars over posted speed limits, one thing leo loves to see is you jamming on your brakes when you catch site of them hiding out on the side of the road like little girls with their radar, sorry, "revenue" guns. Don't give them the satisfaction. Just downshift.
1) I just turn on the flashers. Works 80% of the time.

2) Who cares about their satisfaction? At a BMW CCA tech for a track day, they found a bunch of cars with their brake lights switched off!

Owners forgot....

And, almost everyone hits the brakes when they notice a cop on the side of the road...even non-speeders.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The bulbs don't last on these cars and it would be great to be able to turn the headlights off when I don't need them.
I had to change one headlight bulb after 7 years and 40,000 miles (with about 6,000 of those being track miles). Did you have to change yours sooner?

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
... Did you have to change yours sooner?
I have a shade over 100,000 miles on mine and have been changing the headlights pretty much every 18 months since I bought it back in Feb of 2008.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts