The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you order from this company, you better have the patience of a saint.... Ordered simple carbon fiber Exige side scoops, and it took over 2 months (11 weeks) to get them. They did nothing to expedite or compensate for the almost double wait time. Anyone who's ever done carbon fiber forming can tell you it doesn't take even a fraction of that to do :facepalm. On top of that it apparently took them 2 weeks to actually ship them (was supposedly finished 2 weeks ago).

If youre considering this company, save yourself the wait and find another company who won't sit on your order for weeks on end before even thinking of starting... Heck Im sure you can even get them imported from japan faster than these guys. F---

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry to hear that, as far as CF parts go...I've had a very good experience with GRP. Very communicative and fast. Really one of the best I've dealt with in all of aftermarket sales...even outside of the Lotus community. Also, I haven't purchased anything from HKFever, but communication was great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered simple carbon fiber Exige side scoops, and it took over 2 months (11 weeks) to get them. F---
Consider yourself lucky - I ordered some CF engine covers over 6 months ago and lower sills 5 months ago... still waiting

·
Registered
570 Posts
That's preposterous. 6 months?!? I was thinking of using them for side scoops, but now I know to definitely cross them off of the list. Look like GRP is the way to go.

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
They used to be very active on here but I haven't seen them post in a while. I wonder what happened.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Kevin seems to still be somewhat active on the Lotus Owners & Enthusiasts facebook group

·
Registered
506 Posts
I see him posting on the Facebook group. Usually it's stuff that they're trying to get rid of, and it seems like it's the last of their stock. Most recently I saw a carbon fiber dash. They've been posting up on eBay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks like the "official" ORE account on here hasn't been active since mid 2016 but Lowtush (I assume Kevin's account) was active on here just a couple weeks ago. Really hoping I can get an update soon because I'd like to get the sills installed before summer. If it all falls through, GRP will definitely be who I go with - I recently ordered some seats and other parts from GRP and the customer service has been amazing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Moop,

Yes, very new to the scene. The delay isn't what irks me, I get it - especially with carbon fiber parts (molds have to be fixed, it's a small shop so it's all done in batches, etc). It is the lack of communication that bothers me - it takes 10 seconds to send a reply along the lines of "we anticipate your parts will be ready around X date and will send an update when production begins" and makes a world of difference in customer satisfaction. Also, I went into this knowing that many saw 3-4 month lead times but I have yet to see anyone that has had to wait over 7 months, I don't think asking for an update is unreasonable after over half a year.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It looks like the "official" ORE account on here hasn't been active since mid 2016 but Lowtush (I assume Kevin's account) was active on here just a couple weeks ago. Really hoping I can get an update soon because I'd like to get the sills installed before summer. If it all falls through, GRP will definitely be who I go with - I recently ordered some seats and other parts from GRP and the customer service has been amazing.

Ips2 if you want to get the project done, call Kevin at ORE and pin him down or just cancel the order. Then call Greg at GRP and order your parts. You will be very pleased. Lonnie

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had a bad experience with them recently as well. Ordered the titanium intake tubes. 2 weeks went by with no word. I sent an email to no avail. 3 weeks later I get a hold of someone who tells me they don't make those at the moment. Thanks for telling me! So they offered the aluminum pipes instead...not really what I wanted but oh well...and $150 cheaper. About a month later from initial order I finally get something shipped. Received it in 5 weeks finally for pipes they had in-stock the whole time. Refund took another week of hounding. So 6 weeks and I had to draw every single piece of correspondence out of them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Moop,

Yes, very new to the scene. The delay isn't what irks me, I get it - especially with carbon fiber parts (molds have to be fixed, it's a small shop so it's all done in batches, etc). It is the lack of communication that bothers me - it takes 10 seconds to send a reply along the lines of "we anticipate your parts will be ready around X date and will send an update when production begins" and makes a world of difference in customer satisfaction. Also, I went into this knowing that many saw 3-4 month lead times but I have yet to see anyone that has had to wait over 7 months, I don't think asking for an update is unreasonable after over half a year.
Agreed, delays are to be expected. Especially in a niche market like ours. But in that case, communication is key.

In my experience, Greg from GRP, Shinoo from Inokinetic (formerly Sector111), Andrew from BOE, and Fred from BWR have been very pleasant to deal with.

Shinoo and Greg in particular have gone above and beyond expectations.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dont mean to bump an old thread, but yeah they took forever. horrible service.

The newest development is that the carbon fiber parts are already starting to yellow. they must have used some crappy quality epoxy/clear coat. Horrible service and horrible quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts