The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God. Car is back and all fixed after car v. deer.

Laundry list:

- new rear clam with the same mods I had before (shaved lines/plastic strakes removed)
- new passenger side door
- new passenger side mirror/plinth
- front clam repaired (some small damage) and repainted
- 2010/11 mesh side intakes installed - fit perfectly (easy job with clam off)
- all new starshield
- alignment

Having some boot lid fitment issues, but that will be tweaked tomorrow.

While the wheels were off, I G2 painted my calipers - yellow with black hi temp paint 'Lotus'.

I restrained myself and didn't do any further mods!

Beautiful day today - 68 and sunny - was able to get her out and enjoy her!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and let me add - my body shop guy had a scuffed up Elise hardtop just laying in the corner and he's giving it to me for $150 painted. I need to get a couple of pieced of hardware, but think about that - hardtop painted to match for $150 (about $300 total) when I get all the hardware.

And deer collisions are covered under your comprehensive, so no deductible out of pocket.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh and let me add - my body shop guy had a scuffed up Elise hardtop just laying in the corner and he's giving it to me for $150 painted. I need to get a couple of pieced of hardware, but think about that - hardtop painted to match for $150 (about $300 total) when I get all the hardware.

And deer collisions are covered under your comprehensive, so no deductible out of pocket.
Car looks great! Really happy to see it back on the road again. And great snag on the hardtop :clap:

I have a $1000 deductible on my comprehensive coverage to keep my premiums down.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Deer God it's about time you got your baby back. Oh deer, I gotta go to bed. Look what time it is......

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
New V-plate idea...... DEER KLR

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Karma's so gonna ^$&# me when I pick mine up. Deservedly so.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
yes!, now were talking...

hardtop or no top... soft tops look hideous on these cars!

·
$3(uR3 u$3r
432 Posts
Hi.

Nice work. So much better to view these car's "after" pics.

Oh and IMHO, best color out there.

Alex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts