The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 4 months of lurking on the forum and searching for an Evora, I finally jumped in and bought a MY2011 Laser Blue a week or so ago. Planned to hold out for MY2012, but couldn't resist. Last week was the first real week of driving with 4 days of sunny commuting. Impressions…fun, fun, fun fun! Taking the long way in when you live near country roads….you bet! My daily driver as been a GMC 2500 Duramax since 2002, so quite a change. Below is an iPhone snap from one of those morning drives.

My dealer has been great so far in addressing a short list of items that needed attention right away. The one item I’m most concerned about is the loose waist seals on the doors. The dealer attempted a fix on the drivers side door and it still has a significant gap that would allow water to penetrate inside the door frame. Hopefully they will have a resolve since I live in the rainy NW and not being water tight is big concern. Super happy with the service department so far.

Modification to come:
- New to me, forged dark grey wheels coming from another new local Evora owner, switch311
- black wrap of the front splitter and side/doors.
- need make her growl a little more, so new exhaust is in the near future
- Upgrade from the Alpine

This forum was an amazing resource as I began the search for an Evora. And now that I’m a Lotus owner I look forward to contributing to the forum as well. It seems locally in Seattle there has been a upward spike of Evora’s. I recently found out that in my small town of Duvall there are two other Evora owners. With a population of 5000 we might have the most Evora’s per-capita!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Congratulations. Very nice picture.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Good looking car. Get that seal fixed?
Congratulations.
??

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Congrats, that one didn't last long on the lot ;-)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Congratulations! Beautiful car and fun fun fun is a definitely a great way to describe the joy once behind the wheel. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hopefully my new wheels will be here this week and we can do swap and a photo shoot. Car is beautiful man!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks All. Looking forward to driving this car as much as can as a daily driver.

Chhirowolf, love the sound of the Plack exhaust.

Switch311, looking forward to seeing your custom wheels and changing out my cast ones.

LcKitty, Yes, the car didn't last long on the lot. My first choice of colors was White, then Red, but somehow I couldn't resist the Laser Blue even though it wasn't even on the color radar. I had plans to hold out for the 2012, but got impulsive. Hopefully you'll get that 2012 soon!

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's the best blue!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts