The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I have one 3.5-ton floor jack (it's on steel wheels) plus a quantity of two 6-ton adjustable jack stands for sale. I bought it as a kit. The part number is OTC 1536. Here's a link to it with pictures. What's not so clear in the picture is that it has a rubber insert that sits into the lifting plate making it nicely atraumatic for jacking up the side of a Lotus.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/OTC1536

It was recommended to me through the G-community if my recollection is correct. I used it for my G-wagen (which is on 33's) and for my Lotus Elise... so the nice thing is that it's low profile and can get under surprisingly low cars and still jack up the whole side of the G-wagen if needed.

It's all been used around 10-15 times... lightly used. The vehicles were never left on the Floor Jack for extended periods of time. That's what Jack Stands are for. Everything is in good condition. Hasn't been left out in the rain. I don't have any pictures, but I can get pictures if necessary. Asking $150. For local pick-up in downtown San Jose.

The Jack Stands are easy enough to carry around but the floor jack is HEAVY!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link changed. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks like the jack is flat topped, and thus good for the Elise, but the stands have the usual forked profile that, I believe, can damage the vehicle.

Am I wrong about this? I haven't actually tried not-flat stands on an Elise, but have been told they will damage, which makes sense looking at the flat mounting points and nearby thin sheet metal

·
Registered
855 Posts
Jack stands only good for the rear of the vehicle once the pan is removed. These would destroy the car if used on the front!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts