The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by Val's thread: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f152/carrera-gt-one-month-57075/

If you could have any car on the planet what would it be?

Anything with 4 wheels is fair game, it doesn't even need to be road legal. Keep in mind as the vehicles' new owner you are responsible for maintenance/running costs though. Post a picture of your vehicle of choice.

My vote, Porsche Carrera GT:

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The GT would be in my short list. The Noble may be also.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pagani Zonda F for me. :drool:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
And you can only have the one car? Or you can also buy a beater?

The Carrera GT would be on my short-list too. Or the McLaren F1.

·
Registered
693 Posts
CGT would not be in my list of top 10.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
+1 McLaren F1 (too bad I'd be out of luck in keeping it running :D )

Hrmmm Ariel Atom or some sort of 7 then :p

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
This month i was lucky enough to drive around many fantastic cars, including 430 Suderia, Turbo Ford GT and an Enzo.

None of these i would get over CGT. You can drive around town in a jam, you can cruise with open top on a lovely everning, you can track the hell out it without worries about brakes or overheating. And guess the most important bit? :) You can do it all on the same day :D

Its most of the things i loved about Elise taken to a next level, without drawbacks. If only it was a little smaller :p

CGT for me :coolnana:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Maintenance and running costs of ownership? That completely changes the field. Parts on a 250GTO? Hahaa

Before that statement it was a dark red Zonda F, but I can't imagine sending the thing over to Italy every now and then being cheap.

I'd have to settle on something more tame. New Audi RS6 Avant (572hp isn't too tame, mind you) but I'd be facing massive expenses in shredded tires and speed juice.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Maintenance and running costs of ownership? That completely changes the field. Parts on a 250GTO? Hahaa

Before that statement it was a dark red Zonda F, but I can't imagine sending the thing over to Italy every now and then being cheap.

I'd have to settle on something more tame. New Audi RS6 Avant (572hp isn't too tame, mind you) but I'd be facing massive expenses in shredded tires and speed juice.

Isn't this a "I dream of this car" thread?

Otherwise, I'm keeping the best car of all - my Lotus. :D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
SURPRISE!!!

That's it! That's the one!

(well, the Club Racer might be a notch up.)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
For me, an original Ford GT-40. No photo is necessary, we all know what they look like.:drool:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Dunno. All the previous cars mentioned are interesting but I haven't driven any of them (other than the Elise), so I have no way of knowing if I'd prefer them over the cars that are already in my stable.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Same here. Replace Zonda F with F40 though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What ever happened to this bad boy? I drooled over this car my entire childhood. Nothing like overcompensating. Bugatti EB110 012.jpg

1 - 20 of 79 Posts