The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much like the desert island scenario, except you're in your Lotus and can only allow the weight of one CD... or, in other words, what would be your choice if you could only bring one CD along for a cruise.

I'll get the ball rolling. I'd choose Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix. Plenty of variety, plenty of fire, stands up well to repeated listening.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Images and Words by Dream Theater. :up:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The White Album - The Beatles

Same reasons as the OP

It's a double album, but......

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Tommy by The Who....or Quadrophenia if it could be a double CD

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far, we've got two votes for mp3's loaded onto a disc, two votes for Jimi, one vote for Dream Theater, one vote for the Beatles (but that's a double disc... I'm guessing no-one would choose the 2nd disc for extended listening, with "#9" and Ringo's lullaby...), one vote for Pink Floyd (anything after The Wall is not going to make my list) and 1 vote for the Who (Who's Next would be my second choice, btw).

I'm hoping someone will suggest something I hadn't thought of... maybe inspire me to go buy a CD...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So far, we've got two votes for mp3's loaded onto a disc, two votes for Jimi, one vote for Dream Theater, one vote for the Beatles (but that's a double disc... I'm guessing no-one would choose the 2nd disc for extended listening, with "#9" and Ringo's lullaby...), one vote for Pink Floyd (anything after The Wall is not going to make my list) and 1 vote for the Who (Who's Next would be my second choice, btw).
My mp3 disc has Dream Theater, Beatles, and Pink Floyd on it (plus a ton of others). =)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
Zappa - Apostrophe or Freak Out
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Couldn't Stand the Weather
Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad
Yes - Fragile
Living Colour - Cult of Personality
Django Reinhardt

·
Registered
273 Posts
Best Of The Doors - Disc 2 If I Had To Have Just 1 :D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Delicate sound of thunder :up:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Best Of The Doors - Disc 2 If I Had To Have Just 1 :D
Noooo Never.

Learned my lesson on that one!

Did a road trip when I was like 21 with my 15 year old brother. Day one he got sunburned really badly and wanted to go home. We ended up driving Cody Wy, through Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, through Jackson Hole, Idaho Falls and into Butte in one day.

By hour 12 I was out of CDs and on the road north of Idaho Falls to BUtte. There's NO lights, no cars, and nothing but the flick flick flick flick of the white lines. We were out of CDs, so I threw on The Best Of The Doors and kept driving, tired as all get out.

Somewhere an hour or so north of town, i felt like i was losing my mind, the music was just tooo much, the lane lines were now about 3 inches tall.... and DANCING.

Most surreal experience ever. I was sober as a judge. Completely worn out and tired though, and my brother was too young to drive. Once the lines started dancing Jim Morrison got shut off, and became persona non grata in my car forever. :)

As for my Desert Island Disc?

Endtroducing, by DJ Shadow.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Noooo Never.

Learned my lesson on that one!

Did a road trip when I was like 21 with my 15 year old brother. Day one he got sunburned really badly and wanted to go home. We ended up driving Cody Wy, through Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, through Jackson Hole, Idaho Falls and into Butte in one day.

By hour 12 I was out of CDs and on the road north of Idaho Falls to BUtte. There's NO lights, no cars, and nothing but the flick flick flick flick of the white lines. We were out of CDs, so I threw on The Best Of The Doors and kept driving, tired as all get out.

Somewhere an hour or so north of town, i felt like i was losing my mind, the music was just tooo much, the lane lines were now about 3 inches tall.... and DANCING.

Most surreal experience ever. I was sober as a judge. Completely worn out and tired though, and my brother was too young to drive. Once the lines started dancing Jim Morrison got shut off, and became persona non grata in my car forever. :)

As for my Desert Island Disc?

Endtroducing, by DJ Shadow.
Great Story - :clap:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Average age of poster in this thread? My guess is 55.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts