The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Elise to the back to school night at our daughters school. When we got home the garage door opener was missing, I keep it in the passenger side cubby. I also found a set of keys for a Chevy draped over the side of my seat. I had the windows up but the top off and I don't think my intrusion alarm works, I will have to read the manual.

I am guessing that some woman was looking at the car and dropped her keys inrotfl I am hoping that one of the wife's friends is playing joke and took the remote but I will reprogram all of them just incase.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Paatricko,
For your cockpit intrusion alarm to work, the cabin light has to be in the downward pointed direction (this is the light on aft bulkhead.
Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The intrusion alarm also seem to work it's best when the driver's seat has been positioned all the way back. I slide the seat forward and back as a habit now as this provides a bit more room to render ingress/egress a little easier. So I get in with the seat already all the way back, and then slide the seat forward to my preference. Later I slide it all the way back when I get out of the car. One of those little habits that help out.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Also,
make sure no metallic objects are in the cargo net blocking the sensor, the manual has pic of the exact location of the sensor.
Chris

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips, I will give it a try now.

Patrick

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had 3 CDs in the cargo net, I pulled them out and now it works great.

Thanks Chris:)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Hi Patrick,

Strange that the house key isn't attached.
Reminds me of that song by blues singer Etta James: "You got the right key,but you got the wrong key hole".

Ron

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Paatricko,
For your cockpit intrusion alarm to work, the cabin light has to be in the downward pointed direction (this is the light on aft bulkhead.
I thought it had to be in the "up" position. In any case, it has to be in the position that turns on the light when you open the door, not the position that keeps the light off...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
That is the pointing down position.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
she left the key so you would go over and unlock her chevy. perhaps hoping you had the right key and would find the right hole. apologies to etta

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just found the garage door opener; it was behind and partially under the passenger seat. I think it flew out of the cubby on the passenger side and slid along the door sill and then behind the passenger seat.

I could not reach it but steadicam(Bill and his Wife) were down to hear the stage II and Bill's wife was able to reach it
:clap: Thanks for that:)

So the people at my daughter’s school are not a bunch of thieving scum but someone is missing a car key.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Patricko said:
I just found the garage door opener; it was behind and partially under the passenger seat. I think it flew out of the cubby on the passenger side and slid along the door sill and then behind the passenger seat.

I could not reach it but steadicam(Bill and his Wife) were down to hear the stage II and Bill's wife was able to reach it
:clap: Thanks for that:)

So the people at my daughter’s school are not a bunch of thieving scum but someone is missing a car key.

Patrick
........and she is still waiting for you to show up at her house with the key! :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
pianomaniac said:
........and she is still waiting for you to show up at her house with the key! :D
Ding

1 - 13 of 13 Posts