The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this when I picked up the car two Fridays ago, but it seems to be getting worse. The left low beam comes on instantly when power is applied. The right one would take a second or two to come on. Today when I was driving over to my girlfriend's house, the right one didn't come on for a couple of minutes. After it comes on and has been running for a while, it will come on and off with the switch, but if it hasn't been on, it takes anywhere from a second to a couple minutes to come on.

So I'm thinking it might be a sticky relay. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, where are the head lamp relays located? And are there separate relays for left and right, or might it be the bulb? Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
HID conversion?

Sounds like a bad ballast to me. Does it come on slowly like an industrial sodium lamp or does it just take a minute then switch on quickly?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HID conversion?

Sounds like a bad ballast to me. Does it come on slowly like an industrial sodium lamp or does it just take a minute then switch on quickly?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Pretty common for retrofits.
No, they are the stock halogens. My Subaru's HIDs ramp up slowly and take several seconds to come up to full brightness, especially in the cold, but this isn't an issue with halogens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts