The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was traveling east on Route 32 in Anne Arundel County, MD today at 12:30 pm. Was in the Fort Meade/NSA (No Such Agency) stretch.

Came upon a wreck that just happened, no emergency responders there yet, but other motorists had stopped. Two were clearing debris from the opposite side of the road.

From the looks of things, a black Viper RT had been traveling west on 32, lost control skidded into the median and slammed into the guard rail separating east/westbound traffic.

Demolished the guard rail, and the 6 x 6 wooden posts supporting it were splintered, the pieces of which were in my side of the road.

The front of the Viper was intact, but the rear was crushed. Must've lost control, spun, and went into the guard rail backwards, going VERY fast.

Nobody was in the car, nobody on the ground, my guess is occupants were ok. If he'd have gone into that rail nose first, I shudder to think what could've been, even with air bags.

Just a very light bend, almost not noticeable at that spot. Road was dry. Bright day. Traffic can be a little dense there, even on weekends.

Came back about 90 minutes later on the same highway in the direction the Viper had been traveling. They were just then opening the highway westbound. The scene was crawling with State Police, County Mounties, as well as a few of those black Hummers with tinted windows that are always parked around the perimeter of NSA.

Could've been reckless driving, a blowout, somebody cutting him off, but no matter...from the damage to the guard rail and the car, and the length of the skid marks on the highway then the median, he was flying.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:( I hope everyone is truly ok.

It was scary to look at, but the cockpit was intact (roof was off, but it was a nice day and everybody with a rag top had theirs off), and it did not look like the airbags had deployed. He had to have gone into the rail backwards. That saved his (their) bacon, I'm sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts