The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A LA CARTE; Chinese Buffet That's Sure to Satisfy - New York Times

I've been to this place dozens of times. It's only $10 for lunch and like $15 for dinner. Week ends is a bit more expensive. Tip is added to bill automatically at only 12%.

It's in Long Island in Huntington, NY. About 45 minutes from Greenwich, CT (20 minutes if you drive like Midashands or/and macdady24) but if you're coming from NJ, 278 is a better much faster route.

Any interest? -poke-

·
Registered
4,437 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
are we really going to stat having meets TO buffets?????

oh god.

yes im in....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
After reading about you having three hamburgers and stuffing yourself into a Spyker, I wonder how much buffet you are capable of putting down?

I'll bet the owner cries a little when he sees you coming ;)

I keeed, I keeed.....

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After reading about you having three hamburgers and stuffing yourself into a Spyker, I wonder how much buffet you are capable of putting down?

I'll bet the owner cries a little when he sees you coming ;)

I keeed, I keeed.....

:D Three hamburgers is NOTHIN'. At the GDC bikini car wash, I had three burgers, FIVE hot dogs, three chocolate chip cookies, and a handful of chips!

My diet is very strange. Today I didn't eat anything all day until 4:30 PM when I ate an entire large pizza pie. Nothing since. That can't be healthy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You talking about East Buffet? They have another branch in Flushing, NY. It's bigger, better, and more variety. They also have a dim sum section that gets ridiculously busy in the morning time.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You talking about East Buffet? They have another branch in Flushing, NY. It's bigger, better, and more variety. They also have a dim sum section that gets ridiculously busy in the morning time.

Really? That's awesome because the one in Huntington burnt down a few days back... It's still undergoing repairs.

:)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
bm, when are you planning to do this?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Next week end? :) I have to check out the one in Queens first. Make sure it's up to our standards.. :cool:
So we're talking Labor Day weekend; either Flushing or Huntington. Right?

There are a gazillion Chinese restaurants in Flushing. Many of them don't even have English menus. :eek: I imagine they're scarcer in Huntington.

Given a choice, I vote for Huntington. Flushing is a 10 minute drive for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wow lotus meet in my area? woah i want to come too, btw flushing east buffet is garbage, but they do have a 50% off offer right now

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey, if you guys love buffets so much, there is also a place right behind Nassau community that I found to be great. It's called DJ's International or something right off of Stewart Ave. near the entrance to the Meadowbrook. My girlfriend and I stumbled on it a while back. It's the same price all day but the choices are plenty and quality top notch. Just think, lobsters cooked in that Chinese sauce, all day. :)

I'm not going to be around this weekend (dammit), but you all be sure to let me know how the food is, where ever you go.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, if you guys love buffets so much, there is also a place right behind Nassau community that I found to be great. It's called DJ's International or something right off of Stewart Ave. near the entrance to the Meadowbrook. My girlfriend and I stumbled on it a while back. It's the same price all day but the choices are plenty and quality top notch. Just think, lobsters cooked in that Chinese sauce, all day. :)

I'm not going to be around this weekend (dammit), but you all be sure to let me know how the food is, where ever you go.
Thanks for the lead.... I'll check it out as I visit NKK a lot.

wow lotus meet in my area? woah i want to come too, btw flushing east buffet is garbage, but they do have a 50% off offer right now

Please come.

Kolam, Newtown, CT
Coramandel, Darien, CT

Best buffets on the planet. Period.

More leads... sweet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts