82 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
pics pics

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks interesting. And a lot of fun too!

Thanks for sharing.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Are you familiar with Midlana?
Never heard of it until today. Checked you the site and see that I already have the Miata parts.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I can easily heft a Lotus Seven chassis, Elan chassis, not so much an Elise, but the Elise includes much more.

I don't think I would want to pick this up...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A little something from my Creator page on Patreon.

Finish welding up the right half of the rear lower control arm jig. Going to try finish notching the tubes tomorrow. I'll then tack it in the jig and let in cool down. Once that's done, flip the arm to the left side and use the arm to line up the brackets to the plate. I now know why companies take so long to make jigs or holding frames. Thanks How's Its Made.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
An impressive amount of work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Late getting out of work today, so didn't get much done. I used paper templates to mark the lines around the tube. I then used the grinder to get the notches shaped just right. I could have done this with my tubing notcher but didn't want to. Mainly because it set perfectly to 90 degrees and its very hard to do that.*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,479 Posts
This is great stuff. You certainly have skills.

You (all) might enjoy the web series "Project Binky". Two blokes in England are stuffing a 4WD chassis under an original (i.e. tiny) Mini.

On that show, CAD stands for Cardboard Aided Design.

Their fabrication skill are also impressive...and they're funny.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I might have missed this part, but what are you going to be using for spindles?
Mazda Miata front and rear spindles and brakes. The Miata stock brakes will get swapped out for the big brake kit later.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Final finished the first of four control arm jigs. This jig will be used to make one more arm then put into storage. That way if I damage an arm, I can make as many as I want or need. Now to start making the rear upper control arm jig. This arm is much smaller and not as many pieces.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 97 Posts