The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an '05 a couple weeks ago and was totally ready for rattles and whatnot having already driven a few Elises, but the passenger door seemed to really make a lot of noise over hard bumps. I initially mentally wrote it off as part of the cars "character" but it was quite loud. It sounded like the window was loose which didn't sound like a terribly fun project to try to investigate. I just went to tinker and discovered that the metal cylindrical knob that is bolted to the car that the door latches on to was completely loose and could jiggle around freely causing the door to not close tightly. A few turns on that puppy and now no more crashing noise over potholes. Hopefully this will help someone else!

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I just picked up an '05 a couple weeks ago and was totally ready for rattles and whatnot having already driven a few Elises, but the passenger door seemed to really make a lot of noise over hard bumps. I initially mentally wrote it off as part of the cars "character" but it was quite loud. It sounded like the window was loose which didn't sound like a terribly fun project to try to investigate. I just went to tinker and discovered that the metal cylindrical knob that is bolted to the car that the door latches on to was completely loose and could jiggle around freely causing the door to not close tightly. A few turns on that puppy and now no more crashing noise over potholes. Hopefully this will help someone else!
The only problem I have had with that part was that it ripped a pair of blue jeans I was wearing.

·
Premium Member
7,178 Posts
The only problem I have had with that part was that it ripped a pair of blue jeans I was wearing.
One advantage to being a nudist.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
One advantage to being a nudist.
Yeah, but then I might have hurt ME! I'm happy to sacrifice a pair of beat up autocross jeans to save my skin.

·
Registered
159 Posts
same thing happened to me, the bolt came loose and the door was letting air in on the parkway as if it wasnt shut all the way. I think its because the passengers tend to slam the door not realizing how light it actually is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts