The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the HRM Special(Chrome Orange/blk) yesterday from intercity lines at Pixar. And yes the car got all the attention sitting right next to a Carrera GT!!
This AM I got up early and took the wife out for a drive in the car. She actually likes it and made lots of encouraging comments(not like her at all in regard to cars). She actually may go with me on the Highway 1 trip next weekend.
Once I dropped her off it was out to the hills of the east bay for my first sunday morning ride.
Too many grins to describe! The car is like a four wheeled motorcycle! It is unlike any other car that I have ever driven in that it is sooo light and fun. Many thumbs up and double takes from motorcyclists and bicyclists alike!
How could you ever compare this car to any other out there for the $$??? It is a surgical tool....
The BIGGEST thing that strikes me about the Elise is that Lotus actually brought the car here. THIS IS NOT A US SPEC CAR! They went through all of the hurdles and convinced the DOT that it was OK! WOW! It is truly a road fly! When pushed hard this little car REALLY flies in every respect.:clap:
I will post again and actually try to do some pictures after my Highway1 Odyssey next week.
Absolutley Enlightenedrotfl rotfl

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had planned to go up to the lost coast area where 101 meets hwy1 and then head south until the road stopped or became PCH.
Now it looks as if I will hit hwy1 at the GG Bridge and head down to Sector 111 for some monday AM mods...

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Sounds like a very FUN drive. I just came up the coast last Thurs and as many times that I've done it, it remains a breathtaking road, especially Big Sur to San Simeon.

Enjoy! We'll get a Bay Area Club111 meet together soon!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike Ostrov's shop?? Does he work on Elise's?
You are talking Richmond, Ca. Right?
What time of day on the 6th? I work until 6pm on saturdays..
Might be able to sneak away for a while in the AM... :p

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Mike is long time Lotus-nut... well known for his knowledge of Sevens & early Elites (type 14).

If you've never looked at type 14 Elite you'd be surprised how incredibly advanced the car is. You'll have a even great appreciation of your Elise afterwards.

It's likely that the session will be over around 2-3pm & then the group will go for a short drive around the reservoir.

Mike is always open to visitors. If you'd like to visit PM me and I'll get you Mike's contact info.

Kiyoshi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts