The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my letter of provenance from Lotus, my 1974 Lotus Europa Special 'left the factory' on March 27, 1974.

In observance of its impending 40th birthday, 'local' Lotus of all eras are invited to a one time cars and coffee in the Waugh Chapel Shopping Center, Gambrills, MD parking area near the Caribou Coffee.

The date is Sunday, March 30th. Picked Sunday so as to not conflict with the Katie's Cars and Coffee and Hunt Valley events that take place each Saturday.

Time: 7 am until mid morning or so.

Gambrills, MD is centrally located, near Annapolis, and roughly equi-distance between DC and Baltimore.

Info and directions available here:

Caribou Coffee | Crofton, Gambrills, Odenton | The Village at Waugh Chapel

It's on Route 3 a few miles north of Route 50, and a few miles south of I97.

Caribou Coffee is in the north, original portion of the Waugh Chapel shopping center at the intersection of Rt. 3 and Waugh Chapel Road.

It would be great to see old/new Lotus gather to acknowledge my car's 40th 'birthday.'

No gift necessary, but I'm 'registered' at Treasured Motorcars, where I get it serviced.

If you're actually coming for the coffee, if Starbuck's is your preference there is one in the Safeway directly adjacent to Caribou Coffee.

If you can make it, please let me know. If it's just one or two (or no) cars, no problem. If it looks like a number of cars, I'll alert the shopping center management.

With the weather being what it has been (just got an alert from my county's emergency management system to expect 14 inches of snow by 6 pm tomorrow), March 30th just might be the first good driving weekend around here, if then!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,143 Posts
Your car looks great. Like the color and the metal panel above rockers.

But, the event is a few hrs away.

Best start w/o me.

(Good advice for all humans, most animals...)

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer on my part - pick mine up on April 2nd but I'll try to make it out with the daily.
Please do.

What are you getting?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your car looks great. Like the color and the metal panel above rockers.

But, the event is a few hrs away.

Best start w/o me.

(Good advice for all humans, most animals...)
Thanks Gil. Obviously not an original Lotus color. It left the factory Regency Red. If I own it long enough to repaint that will be its terminal color. This is actually a GM color: Indigo Blue.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BimmerBob's 06 Elise. Excited to join the ranks.

Congrats to you and your Europa on 40 years - it looks fantastic!
Thanks! Enjoy that Elise!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dang it

I really want to see it, and that's right up the road from me. But if things stay on schedule I'll still be out of country till mid April. Till next time, if things change I'll holler.
Cheers

:UK:

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really want to see it, and that's right up the road from me. But if things stay on schedule I'll still be out of country till mid April. Till next time, if things change I'll holler.
Cheers

:UK:
Sorry you can't make it Sean!

Bumping. I've heard from a few folks... Let me know if you can make it! Lotus of ALL vintage encourage to come. Equi-distance to NOVA, DC, Annapolis, Baltimore, Rockville/Gaithersburg.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Beautiful Europa you have there and what a touching story you posted. I would love to make it; but I will be on travel during that time.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All Brit Cars and Coffee

Bumping...

Have extended invite to local Brit car groups as well.

All contingent on weather. If it's raining, it's not happening.

Hope folks can make it, asking if you are seriously considering coming to email me at [email protected] to let me know. If it should turn out to be something more than a handful of cars I want to give the shopping center management a heads up.

There is MORE than ample parking in the shopping center on a Sunday morning.

T

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bumping again, just over a week away. Spring today!!!

According to my letter of provenance from Lotus, my 1974 Lotus Europa Special 'left the factory' on March 27, 1974.

In observance of its impending 40th birthday, 'local' Lotus of all eras are invited to a one time cars and coffee in the Waugh Chapel Shopping Center, Gambrills, MD parking area near the Caribou Coffee.

The date is Sunday, March 30th. Picked Sunday so as to not conflict with the Katie's Cars and Coffee and Hunt Valley events that take place each Saturday.

Gambrills, MD is centrally located, near Annapolis, and roughly equi-distance between DC and Baltimore.

Caribou Coffee is in the north, original portion of the Waugh Chapel shopping center at the intersection of Rt. 3 and Waugh Chapel Road.

It would be great to see old/new Lotus gather to acknowledge my car's 40th 'birthday.'

No gift necessary, but I'm 'registered' at Treasured Motorcars, where I get it serviced.

If you're actually coming for the coffee, if Starbuck's is your preference there is one in the Safeway directly adjacent to Caribou Coffee.

If you can make it, please let me know. If it's just one or two (or no) cars, no problem. If it looks like a number of cars, I'll alert the shopping center management.

With the weather being what it has been (just got an alert from my county's emergency management system to expect 14 inches of snow by 6 pm tomorrow), March 30th just might be the first good driving weekend around here, if then!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Bumping again, just over a week away. Spring today!!!

Duane and I still plan on coming. What is the count looking like right now?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Duane and I still plan on coming. What is the count looking like right now?
Getting a bunch of 'maybes,' I think everyone is sitting tight because of whether and going weekend to weekend for their car activities.

The DC Chapter of Lotus Ltd will be sending out its monthly email newsletter shortly, and it will be in that. I know most of those guys, and would be surprised if several of them don't show up.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump

My car's 'birthday' is this week...on March 27 1974...40 years old!

Celebrating by trying to arrange an informal/one time cars and coffee on Sunday, March 30 for LOTUS cars especially, but inviting all brit cars as well.

Where: Waugh Chapel Shopping Center in Gambrills, MD. Corner of Rt 3 and Waugh Chapel Road. In the parking area near Caribou Coffee. Gambrills is roughly equi-distance from Annapolis, Baltimore, DC/NOVA, Gaithersburg/Rockville MD. NOTE: This is the older, northern most part of the shopping center, not in the new part.

Time: 7am to mid-morning-ish.

Would love to see a number of modern and vintage Lotus!

PLEASE if you are considering coming email me to let me know. This might wind up being just me...or a big showing. If I get the idea that there will be a good turnout, I'd like to give the shopping center management a heads up.

Obviously if it is raining it will not happen.

Todd
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CANCELLED!

Each day that goes by the prospects of rain Sunday, or all weekend for that matter increases. As of this morning chance of rain Sunday is now up to 90%.

Soooo..the cars and coffee for Brit cars scheduled for Sunday morning, 3/30 is cancelled.

·
Registered
712 Posts
This sucks, but I'll take the rainy season over the icy season any day.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This sucks, but I'll take the rainy season over the icy season any day.
Agreed, so I'll spend the weekend doing an oil change, renew the gearbox oil, and install the newly (as in I'm picking them up today) refinished OEM wheels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts