The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to stop trolling long enough and say hi.

I’ve had my ’06 Elise for about a year now and I’m still a newb with it. Don’t laugh but it was only a couple months ago watching a rerun of a British car show that did a review of the ”new” ’06 Elise that I found out I could go over 6K RPM. For those of you in the Chicago land area I’m the Blue Elise Driving 67 MPH on I80/I55 to Bolingbrook. If I go faster some annoying people get on me thinking I want to race.

I’m curious on how many of you have OCD relating to your cars? I went through some of the pictures on the forum and on a couple of them I thought I could see my reflection for a second. How much time do you take keeping those cars clean? Do they ever see rain? I almost felt a little bad last night walking by my Boxster and Elise sitting outside looking like they haven’t been washed in a month. Got over that feeling after fighting with a new headlight assemble for and 3 hours on the Boxster. I still haven’t learned my lesson that aftermarket parts don’t always fit like OEM no matter how many time they say it in the add.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Welcome to the club, Hank.

Sounds like you've got lots on your mind.. In due time they will all be answered. Maybe start with one first?

OCD - yes we all are OCD-types when it comes to our cars.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Yes, we have a tendency to be very meticulous with our babies. We also have a bunch that daily drive. The most important thing is to enjoy these fine machines! I can also relate with the 67 mph concept. It does not matter how fast or slow I drive my Elise. Young guns and dads with the minivan full of kids seem to have a dire need to pass me. Enjoy the ride and hook up with a local group for drives, coffee, and help on any issues that you come up with.

·
Registered
560 Posts
If you are spending more time washing it than driving it you might have bought the wrong car. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
How do they say..............RTFM...

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Don’t laugh but it was only a couple months ago watching a rerun of a British car show that did a review of the ”new” ’06 Elise that I found out I could go over 6K RPM.

I’m curious on how many of you have OCD relating to your cars? I went through some of the pictures on the forum and on a couple of them I thought I could see my reflection for a second. How much time do you take keeping those cars clean? Do they ever see rain? I almost felt a little bad last night walking by my Boxster and Elise sitting outside looking like they haven’t been washed in a month. Got over that feeling after fighting with a new headlight assemble for and 3 hours on the Boxster. I still haven’t learned my lesson that aftermarket parts don’t always fit like OEM no matter how many time they say it in the add.
lol

i think 99% of us are OCD with these cars. I've never driven the car in the rain and I pretty much clean the car after every drive. Which takes about 45 min and that's wiping the car down, the wheels and windows.

·
Registered
196 Posts
OCD with my Lotus.... Nah, not me :rolleyes: Just because I was hacked off when I pulled the cover off of it this morning and realized I left the mail in the seat Saturday night :no: I would not call it OCD, just wanting it to look as good as possible at any given time. :coolnana: I would hate to have someone come up to check it out at the gas station (or any where else) and there be a bunch of crap in the seat.....

In denial,
Zig

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK who told on me? I went out to the car yeaterday and someone put a card for a detail shop on my window.

I guess I can do a little better with my cars but still not as determined as some of you.

·
Premium Member
6,246 Posts
Black rubber is a sign of prestige in my book. Drive it like you stole it and bounce off that rev limiter!!! Its a car for [email protected]@@ts sake. I love it after cleaned up from track events but gettin it dirty is even more fun!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts