The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in september 2005 do you think they will still be taking deposits on the elise. Thats when i figure that i will saved up enough for it.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I'm with Transio. Put your deposit down and tell them you'd like a Sept. 05 delivery. They could actually hold your order until the appropriate time. Make sure you go with a good dealer.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'd go with Transio's advice as well and put down the deposit!
I personally believe that in a year from now you are still going to see some long waiting lists if not longer and used car prices are going to be very close to original MSRP. Just as an example the New Mini Cooper S is still mostly ordered and it still takes a few months to get one and they import 25,000 cars a year and the car has been on sale for 3 years now. I also think that while most people on this forum knew about the Elise long before it was first imported, 99% of the US market has never heard of this car and once they start to see them some are bound to like them and want one so I forsee demand getting stronger and waiting lists getting longer at least for a while! ;)

Oh yeah, and we will have some pimped out ones to laugh at!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jim,
I don't know, I think you will be able to buy a car at some dealers without waiting, but I don't know if it'd be at MSRP.
I could be wrong for once!;)
Chris

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
tippmann said:
in september 2005 do you think they will still be taking deposits on the elise. Thats when i figure that i will saved up enough for it.
Silver Star claims to have 140 deposits, which could work out to 2 years of allocations. I would place a deposit now at a dealer that strikes you as having the shortest list (factoring in the likely size of their allocation) and behaves to your liking. Or target the used car market - a year from now, you will find some people selling them.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
JML,
I agree, I think anyone considering getting a car, to place a deposit they've plenty of time to decide and get deposit back if they don't want it.

Even accounting for the people who've got two or more deposits and some that will back out, I still think AT LEAST a solid year wait is probably the forseeable future if you want msrp.

CHris

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Re: Re: one year from now

jml1952 said:
Silver Star claims to have 140 deposits, which could work out to 2 years of allocations.
And Criswell's in Maryland has over 200 deposits...

Tim Mullen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts