The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Credit for this fix goes to tesprit, he is the one who suggested using wellnuts in an earlier thread.

The problem is, I cannot find the wellnut (part # c-832) at all in any local store.
Has anyone ordered these online or know where to get it in the proper size? What is the Metric equivalent size of this part? I noticed some motorcycle online parts sites have the wellnut but not sure if they have the proper size.

I've started looking but wanted to tap the community's knowledge base on this.

For the record the Machine screws he used was 8-32 x 3/4" long and it appears he also used a washer.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tesprit answered this question pretty well - go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and search on wellnuts. :cool: I shouldn't have panicked and start this thread so fast. :eek:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi El.:wave:
Hey there T.J.! :wave:
Hope your doing well. :)

I'll be seeing you in the near future for the engine's 'first service' since driving weather is returning. :cool:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
can't wait to see you el. its starting to get busy, so make sure you call fred before stopping by. hope you and your family r doing well...including your ardent red berauty.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Actually - Mcmaster only has the B832 which only has a .438 flange rather than the C832 which has the .750 flange. The question is will a .438 flange be stable enough and not slip through the hole or is the larger flange of the C832 required?

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
can't wait to see you el. its starting to get busy, so make sure you call fred before stopping by. hope you and your family r doing well...including your ardent red berauty.
Hey there TJ, thanks man I hope your family is doing good too! I'll do that and call up Fred before I bring the Elise in. See you soon! :)

Actually - Mcmaster only has the B832 which only has a .438 flange rather than the C832 which has the .750 flange. The question is will a .438 flange be stable enough and not slip through the hole or is the larger flange of the C832 required?
Thats true R'elise. It works just fine though, the B832 wellnut has enough on the flange to stay in the hole. I just made sure I had proper sized washers on the other side to distribute the load over the wheel liner properly and I know its anal but I added a little lock washer too. Instead of straight slot screw heads I went for the 4mm metric head to I can put a 4mm socket on it. Makes it a fast job to get the liners off with a small electric screwdriver.

I tried pulling on the wheel liners and "it ain't going anywhere" as they say.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you guys have the mcmaster part number handy? is it 93495A130 ?
yep its: 93495A130. :up:

I actually picked up 2 boxes of wellnuts as you'll use almost the entire first box and figured I'll get one more box ($14 per box) as a bunch of 'spares'. Each box had 25 wellnuts. Can come in handy somewhere else so I grabbed another box.

The bolts/washers/lockwashers were easy enough to find after that at the local ace hardware.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For those looking to buy well nuts for fender liners, I opted for a different source because they were able to provide the wide-sized nuts.

https://monsterfastener.com/itemview.aspx?itm=WNWR-093

NOTE that their pictures are inverted and the WIDE (W) part number shows a normal well nut (such as the one sold by McMaster Carr as 93495A130). I just received my shipment and indeed got the wide one (as mentioned earlier in this thread, IIRC).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts