The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a reminder to owners of all other colors that your cars are worthless.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You must be right, coz I couldn't pass this guy!

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
391 Posts
According to a Lotus press release, (And I quote in excerpt)

"Lotus Motor Cars proudly announces the 2008 introdution of what we feel, is our best colour offering to date, Burnt Orange. While many of our customers are rather feverishly committed to our current orange shade Chrome Orange, frankly we as a company have never been too bloody happy with the Chrome Orange. Truth is we were after the Burnt Orange all along but our colour chemist botched it rather badly right at the start and then our dotty purchaser went and ordered us enough of the Chrome Orange paint to paint a small cargo tanker before we realized the error. We tried to get the supplier to take the whole lot back but apparently they were so bloody happy to be rid of what they termed "that orange elephant" paint that Lotus would have had to pay a signifigant premium for them to take it back. Fortunately our marketing department rescued the whole mess by correctly predicting that there would be enought potential customers that were either 1) Colour Blind, 2) Mentaly Unstable or 3) Philistines, to make the sale of the car in such a god awful colour feasable so long as it was percieved by the consumer as something to be desired by charging a premium for it. Fortunatley Lotus is now in the position, having divested itself of enough of the Chrome Orange on unsuspecting dupes, to offer the orange shade it originaly intended, the stunning, the incomprable, Burnt Orange."

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
That would be University of Texas Burnt Orange.
Also Clemson University, Virginia Tech & Auburn University. Chrome Orange is the official color for Happy Slappy's Clown & Mime School.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
According to a Lotus press release, (And I quote in excerpt)

"Lotus Motor Cars proudly announces the 2008 introduction ...
rotfl Well done!

(btw, 'colour' is more believable)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I will soon be agreeing with you. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
rotfl Well done!

(btw, 'colour' is more believable)
Hey it's the Lotus press release (yeah thats it....the press release....the OFFICIAL press release.....Thats the ticket)

Randy is that car going to be Chrome or Burnt Orange? Apparently if you are looking for Chrome Orange paint talk to the Lotus guys. They probably will give you one helluva deal on a couple thousand gallons that they have no more use for now that they have Burnt Orange.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
You are correct it, Chrome Orange is the official color of Happy Slappy's Clown & Mime School AND the Florida Garter's (Why on earth would anyone name a team after a women's undergarment is beyond me...and orange garters? Aren't they usually pink or blue and all lacy & stuff? Although orange is probably a good color for them when they snap 'em out to the guys at a wedding. Who know how many tragic eye injuries could have been avoided by having garters in a high visibilty, road cone, chrome orange!)

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Start the War!!!!!!
C.O.M. represent!

He couldn't pass me...

For good measure:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts