The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/klteYv1Uv9A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/klteYv1Uv9A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't even know if I'm that relaxed on my own couch!

·
Registered
982 Posts
:crazyeyes:tadts:?
seriously i hand over my local reign of text message champion that was just plain retarded!!! i watched it 2x

:shift:=:wallbang:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, what an idiot. I can't beleive how horribly the cars were driving. It would be bad enough to pull a stunt like that in the states where most motorists stay in the lanes or at least make rational lane changes, but with cars merging 3 inches from each other?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Wow, what an idiot. I can't beleive how horribly the cars were driving. It would be bad enough to pull a stunt like that in the states where most motorists stay in the lanes or at least make rational lane changes, but with cars merging 3 inches from each other?
:panic:

I was almost as amused by their lack of reaction to how all the other drivers were weaving around them. The only saving grace was the relatively slow speed everyone was travelling. What kind of motorbike was that guy on...a Barcalounger?

Tom

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good find, that was entertaining to watch. I visited India for the first time a couple of months ago - amazing place, i think it would be crazy to drive there, but thats just my western perspective. I suppose if you were born and raised there that kind driving and traffic is "normal" though i never saw something quite that crazy while I was there.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Having visited India and Sri Lanka a couple of times the driving shown in that video is not that bad (apart from the guy on the bike). Most of the times on a 2 lane road theres 4 cars next to eachother driving. Most of the time you only have inches to make a lane change and you also have to watch out for people on bikes, people crossing the streets and whatever else.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
It would be bad enough to pull a stunt like that in the states where most motorists stay in the lanes or at least make rational lane changes, but with cars merging 3 inches from each other?
You have to understand that driving in India follows a very different set of rules. In essence you watch the 180 degrees in front of you and its the duty of the guy behind you to react to your lane changes. Liberal use of the horn allows you to tell the guy in front to get out of your way.

Moving from India to the US requires you to learn a very different driving style where you have to watch for traffic all around you. For people who learned to drive in India the first time we drive in the US is a very nerve-racking experience. On the plus side though we are very good at predicting when someone if going to jump into our lane without signalling :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
You have to understand that driving in India follows a very different set of rules. In essence you watch the 180 degrees in front of you and its the duty of the guy behind you to react to your lane changes. Liberal use of the horn allows you to tell the guy in front to get out of your way.
Moving from India to the US requires you to learn a very different driving style where you have to watch for traffic all around you. For people who learned to drive in India the first time we drive in the US is a very nerve-racking experience. On the plus side though we are very good at predicting when someone if going to jump into our lane without signalling :)
at the risk of making a racist comment here, this explains some of my cab rides in NYC!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The best part is when he said "He's just chill-ling......." rotfl

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
That guy was relaxed
, a soccer mom driving an Esclade talking on a cellphone is much, much more frighting

·
Registered
126 Posts
"He's doing it all wrong!" As in, there's a better way to ride and text! :) As far as WHAT is it, it looks like a honda nighthawk 250... but it only has one pipe... and a fairing. Maybe a bandit 400? No, those are four cyl. I think. I'm pretty sure that things a single... MAYBE a parallel twin. Dunno really, so I guess this is all useless. :) Be Safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts