The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
lol yea who the heck is going to steal lotus wheels and tires, even if they did it wont be too hard to track it back LOL

hope u find your key, good luck
Hell, for all practical purposes, that 10 point spline tool is every bit as rare as the key.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A dealership might have a master key to get them off. If you know the pattern code number you can talk to Brandon at lotusgarage.com. They ordered a new one for me. Takes a couple weeks to get it though. :sad:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
A dealership might have a master key to get them off. If you know the pattern code number you can talk to Brandon at lotusgarage.com. They ordered a new one for me. Takes a couple weeks to get it though. :sad:
When my key broke, I took it to the local dealer. They had a bag of all the different keys. Turns out there's only eight or ten of them.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Oof. Once you've found it, step two is to pick up four more regular bolts and throw the locking bolts away.
+1
Think of the plus side, better to realize this now than when stranded somewhere with a blow out.

Also the key is to soft and strip, leaving you in the same situation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys :) This is all really good to know. Im gonna toss the locks as soon as I figure out where the heck it went. Im not really a fan of oem locking bolts either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts