The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that they're planning on getting specs and colors by the end of this month! He called to let me know that my spot, #16... wait.. #16? I was told I was in the top 10 when I put my deposit down... Hmm. I called him out about it, and he said if I called back with the date of my deposit he'd adjust it. Ok, whatever.

So, I planned on pulling my paperwork when I got home... He called me back and told me, 'Yep, we screwed up, you're #9 on the list, of 52 as of today.' Nice! He said they would be getting cars in batches of 6, and that mine should be in the second batch.

Now I have to start thinking about colors. Chrome Orange? LRG and Yellow Stripes?? I don't know!! ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I heard there was such a demand for CO that they are going to be done first.
Arnie was heard to say, "Oh, yes, it's staggeringly popular in this manor, squire." :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Of course, the leader of the Chrome Orange Mafia, Don Chromieorangie, must have the matching chrome orange leather seats, the chrome orange soft top and the chrome orange wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Randall,

I"m from Michigan too (Brighton) and put my order in at AutoEurope in Birmingham. That's good news about your order!

Looks like we'll be only a few miles from each other...looking forward to seeing you on the road!

Peter

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I received an e-mail from Symbolic on Friday. Text follows:

"Lotus have just released a colour chart for the upcoming Lotus Elise. This is not finalized, and a couple of colours may be a cost-option.

They will also offer options packages, including a "Touring Package" which will consist of electric windows, full leather interior, etc. Again, this may change more than once before release of the car.

We are still a long way from ordering cars and I will be in touch when it is time for you to choose the colours and options.

The car has been confirmed with Half Leather with cloth seats as standard, ABS, Blaupunkt radio/CD player, Central Locking, central exhaust exit, alarm system and starter button. How confirmed these features are remains to be seen. I'll keep you posted.

These colours can be seen on the Lotuscars.com website. They are as follows:

Ardent Red
Saffron Yellow
Magnetic Blue
Aztec Bronze
Aubergine Purple
Racing Green
Starlight Black
Bordeaux Red
Nightfall Blue
Storm Titanium
Arctic Silver

Be in touch soon."

Sounds as if things are starting to come together, yet most things still are subject to change. It will be interesting to see if any certainty enters the picture when cars are shown at the LA Auto Show.

By the way, "Aubergine" means eggplant in French, so I would guess that it's a dark purple. I saw a purple Lotus at Symbolic several months ago (not an Elise) and it was so dark it was almost black (although it was inside the showroom in a poorly lit area - might look different in sunlight).

·
Registered
495 Posts
I got the same e-mail from Symbolic

It's also implied that the 'standard' model won't have electric windows, which is not consistent with what we've heard so far.

As the message states, it' not clear how 'final' any of this is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts