The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my SC on my 07exige s. This bracket came off but I cannot remember what it is or where it came from !:facepalm

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

The closest thing I could find was maybe this ?
[/URL][/IMG]

Is that it ? hmmm ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh it's easy to be into the game on the sidelines Gunpilot ! :D

I am certain the mystery will be solved ! I just wonder how far back I need to backtrack ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Is your car missing the bracket that you've circled in red? :shrug:

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I am trying to identify what the bracket is in the two images.

My clam is still off. Just want to put it where it goes.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I'm at a loss bro. This one is baffling me!

We should have a permanent thread like this with a daily what's-it.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,420 Posts
Glad you found it.

Installation is the reverse of removal, that sounds like the wording in every repair book I have. My dad used to always tell me to take note of how everything fit to together before removing it. It is a good idea and easy with phones today to take picture when working on a car.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh man !

For the first time. I bagged and labelled. I took pictures with my camera. I even used blue painters tape for areas that I needed to pay attention to during reassemply.I just must have thought it was just too easy to forget this one piece... :rolleyes:

Good news is it is not holding my SC in anyway ! heh. I would have been tempted to assume it was Colin Chapman's way of tapping my shoulder and adding lightness. actually it still might be... heh

I can tell you one thing though. putting in a phenolic spacier with two gaskets on the intake manifold made a few things interesting on the road to getting things back together...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts