The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Nice to see the matching luggage survived the impact. And at least it wasn't a real Ferrari like a 275GTB4 or some such!!!!

CHris:D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
LOL!!!! OMG!!!! that does suck, though... i would be pissed as hell. i wonder if he went into a turn too fast.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
shay2nak said:
LOL!!!! OMG!!!! that does suck, though... i would be pissed as hell. i wonder if he went into a turn too fast.
Yeah, because ferraris are known to understeer.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Poor sap, and I mean the car...what a waste.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
That will buff out

·
Registered
255 Posts
"Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. "

....Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn) from Fast Times at Ridgemont High

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I assume that everyone knows about this site, but just in case:

www.wreckedexotics.com

About 40+ photos of wrecked Elises and HUNDREDS of other exotics - a great section of funny exotic and other wrecks (if there is such a thing)

ENJOY!

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well, I just looked through all of the Elise wrecks, and I started in on the Porsche wrecks. Wow, that really makes the porsche less desirable. In the crashes of the Elise, usually the outside was totally messed up, but the cabin was still intact. The Porsches had lots of smaller cabins after the wrecks. I would imagine I'd have a better chance of walking away from a wreck in an Elise than a porsche. I may not want to look at other cars' wrecks. It will just make me fear for my life more.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think it's good to see all the wrecks - especially of $200K+ cars - presumably the drivers were being SOMEWHAT careful with their high priced exotics. And they wrecked on streets - not in track accidents mind you.

It's going to be a very dangerous world out there in a car that's hard to see, goes fast, handles unbelievably and could be an accident waiting for someone else to make happen. A friend totalled his Ferrari because the pickup on his left could not see him and they said they looked - and he was a very experienced driver and knew the hazards of being next to any vehicle.

The wrecks help remind me that I'll need to ratchet up all my driving skills A LOT when I'm in the Elise. Seeing the pictures is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

A roughly similar situation is with my concealed carry permit for a deadly weapon - classes from an attorney are almost exclusively about the horrible things that can happen if you shoot your gun at someone (hit em or not) and you are then defined as a defendant because you WILL be in court. Your actions and consequences are potentially extreme and you need a different mind set to carry a gun - or drive an Elise, or Ferrari, etc. for that matter.

I know I'll be a more defensive driver after seeing what other, probably more skilled and experienced drivers, have gone through.

Someone in another post said that the Elise will have to be driven like a motorcycle - I agree 100%.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts