The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

I'm looking at starting a project that involves me tinkering around with the LED's inside the tail lights...I will most likely buy a new/used set of them so I can keep my originals untouched, but I am wondering if anyone has ever opened these before?

I did some searching here and found quite a few folks with a 2 or 3 LED's burned out, but everyone just said to replace the whole light because opening it was 'too difficult' - any other time i messed with lights they were pretty easy to open after some patience with a heatgun or baking them in the oven...is everyone here just too scared to destroy their lights, or is it really that hard?

if anyone has pics of them once open (specifically the PCB's that the LED's are mounted on) i would be extremely appreciative!

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still haven't tried - need to find a pair of donor taillights for cheap before I go hacking away at them : )

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have one LED taillight that has 1 loose LED that somtimes works and sometimes doesnt, depends on how you apply pressure to the housing. I will be willing to let it go for cheap if your interested.

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sending PM!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts