The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've tracked my Exige for a 1.5 years and about 1500 miles. I haven't had any major problems. I had an oil cooler line that had a small leak and needed some teflon tape. I had a rotor warp very early on (might have always been alittle out). I also have the usual panel and door fitment issues, but they all work so it doesn't bother me too much.

The car will get good gas mileage on the road. The car is pretty good on tires (I ran the same set of 48's all season this year) and I'm on the original brake pads.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Tough question.

I personally would never use a car like an Exige for daily driving. I believe cars have a purpose. The Exige's purpose isn't to be sitting in traffic - it's to be going balls to the wall. I wouldn't even consider my S2000 for daily duties. That's my weekend/fun car.

As far as the Elise for a daily - sure it will get it done, but will want to inflict all the daily dings/wear and tear on it? The paint does chip easily, it isn't easy to get in and out of, there is no storage, winter is not an option, etc.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't normally drive it on the road so I'll give you my thoughts based on that.

The car is hot - temperature hot. I did drive it in Atlanta when I bought it on the road to get some breakin miles on it. It looked like I took a shower after driving it for 2 hours on a 80 degree day.

Now, the car is not meant for drag racing or for anything to do with launching the car - it doesn't do that well at all. It also isn't really good for speeds of over 110mph. It really starts to slow after 110. Top speed is probably somewhere around 135-140.

Get into anything twisty and you will be hard pressed to find any car on the road that can keep up with it. Cornering speeds/limits are very high - granted you need to make sure you have proper heat in the tires.

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.