The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting back into a Lotus, an Elise more than likely. I just looked at one that was in nice shape with the exception of some damage inside the rear wheel well, below the clam. Picture is attached, looks like something was picked up and punctured the body. The questions is, does this panel come off for repair, and any idea of price range for correction?

Thanks

Body Issue

·
Registered
130 Posts
That should be easily repaired. Accessable by just removing the wheel. No need and very difficult to remove the rocker panel. Easy fiberglass repair.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Bullet hole ??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bullet hole ??
No idea, I'm guessing it hit something, the current owner got it that way from the previous. I checked it out recently and it has a few items that need to be addressed, this was one of them.

If it was a bullet, it was a large caliber. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is the tire mounted wrong? Are those arrows indicative of tire spin when the car is going forward? I'm assuming this is drivers side rear. If so, the tire is mounted wrong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the tire mounted wrong? Are those arrows indicative of tire spin when the car is going forward? I'm assuming this is drivers side rear. If so, the tire is mounted wrong.
It may well be, I didn't notice. All the tires need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The arrows point both ways.

Untitled.png

·
Registered
480 Posts
Had damage in the same exact area, only mine was more of a stress crack, along with the very bottom of the rocker where it would be facing the ground was a little chewed up on both rocker panels. I think the previous owner might have hit a speed bump (he lived in a community with a crapload of speed bumps, I noticed the day I picked it up from him). It was an easy fix, but it wasn't cheap. Probably because I chose to go to the best shop in the area...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts