The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into placing a deposit and get my name on a list, does anyone have any advice on dealerships in the NE? I test drove an Elise this weekend and loved it!!!! I have the list of all of dealerships, but was wondering if anyone had a preference.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I bought mine from Huntingridge Motors and have nothing but good things to say about them....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Quickchick! My advice is

1. Don't limit yourself to the northeast, you might find a car quicker elsewhere, assuming you are willing to drive or transport it when it arrives,

2. Research this board. Dealer allocation is the name of the game! You might get a car a lot faster at #60 with a large allocation dealer than you would as #35 at a small alolocation dealer. Fox Valley in Chicago, Hunting Ridge in NY and Lotus of Atlanta are three dealers that come to mind that seem to get a lot of cars from Lotus

3. Keep your ears open for new dealers opening, which is rumored to begin happening. You might find yourself #1 or 2 if you are quick

4. Take up yoga, practice deep breathing. Lotus will test your patience! As many of us have found out ... Steve

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Go to HRM. Call Mark Starr and talk to him. I talked to him via e-mail, and although I wasn't a customer of his, I got royal treatment. Hindsight is always 20/20.

As Steve writes, be prepared to know little and force yourself to stay calm. This is an interesting experience to say the least.

Where did you test an Elise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a test drive at Rothrock outside of Philly; it had the touring pack. I was not impressed with the lotus salesman there - he knew nothing about the car and didn't want to be bothered with me, but I'm still interested in the car and prefer to take my business elsewhere.

I appreciate the advice. I know it will be a long wait, but it seems well worth it!

I'd like to test drive the different suspension options to see which I like best.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Rothrock has been terrible over the past 10 years or so. Bad service and sales people more interested in moving Corvettes.

I am happy with Princeton Sport and Specailist Cars. Ramsey is a great guy.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>I bought mine from Huntingridge Motors and have nothing but good things to say about them....<<<

Ditto.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
1quikchik said:
I took a test drive at Rothrock outside of Philly; it had the touring pack. I was not impressed with the lotus salesman there - he knew nothing about the car and didn't want to be bothered with me, but I'm still interested in the car and prefer to take my business elsewhere.

I appreciate the advice. I know it will be a long wait, but it seems well worth it!

I'd like to test drive the different suspension options to see which I like best.
AutoEurope in Birmingham, MI has a demo with LSS. I've really liked working with them too. I don't think their allocation is as high as some of the other dealers mentioned, though I don't think their list is too terribly long either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts