The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have a question for everyone and would appeciate your opinion. Recently I bought a product from a vendor. Since I dont know how I should feel about this they remain nameless. I bought something from them on a Tuesday. Come Friday, before I have even recieved a shipped notification, I get a mass email from them regarding some price cuts. The product I bought on Tuesday had been dropped almost 50%.

My question for opinion is, should I expect this vendor to honor the new price and credit me even though I ordered 3 days before hand? Should I be offeneded if they dont?

Thanks guys, I always value your opinions.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd certainly ask. Most vendors will probably cut you a deal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would you have enjoyed the product if you didn't know about the price cut? I bought some Gold coins and the price of gold had gone about %5 in an hour, should I be expected to go back to store and pay more to the seller? (Some Elise' stuff do cost as much as gold!)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
If it was me, I would honor the price difference.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I own a business and send mass e-mails to customers about sales and price cuts. Occasionally, a customer will receive a sale e-mail just days after ordering a product. If they ask for the sale price, we ALWAYS refund the difference. It's just good business.

It can't hurt to ask and I'm sure they'd give you the sale price if they want to have you back as a customer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I own a business and send mass e-mails to customers about sales and price cuts. Occasionally, a customer will receive a sale e-mail just days after ordering a product. If they ask for the sale price, we ALWAYS refund the difference. It's just good business.

It can't hurt to ask and I'm sure they'd give you the sale price if they want to have you back as a customer.

+1

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't know of any retail company that wouldn't refund the difference if it's within their return policy. If so, just return it and order it again.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did ask they said they couldn't.

I don't know of any retail company that wouldn't refund the difference if it's within their return policy. If so, just return it and order it again.
I thought of that, checked their return policy but they only accept returns if the product is defective.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I'd expect them to credit you the difference, but only if you ask.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
If it was me, I would honor the price difference.
Not every business is run by someone like you ;).

I thought of that, checked their return policy but they only accept returns if the product is defective.
If the item hasn't shipped yet cancel the order and alert your CC that you have done so. That is not a return.
I'd expect them to credit you the difference, but only if you ask.
He tried that to no avail.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Not every business is run by someone like you ;)..
Yep. For example. APPLE

Bought a new Iphone and a month later they release the 3GS. Fine. I expect to pay a bit more and upgrade.

I get to pay full retail because I am an existing customer. If I was not, I would get a deal.

No thanks.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts

The price was acceptable when you placed the order and you agreed to that price so you can't make them refund the difference. That said, I probably wouldn't order from them again if I could get their products elsewhere.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Yep. For example. APPLE

Bought a new Iphone and a month later they release the 3GS. Fine. I expect to pay a bit more and upgrade.

I get to pay full retail because I am an existing customer. If I was not, I would get a deal.

No thanks.

Sounds like Verizon.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yep. For example. APPLE

No thanks.
Apple doesn't change their prices, they mostly leave price points the same but release better hardware at the same price. You're only getting a discount on the phone because AT&T pays Apple $200 off the top since you are locking into a two year deal where they make a whole lot more than that back.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I have upgraded my blackberrys with Verizon. No problem, just extend the contract and pay the difference.

Apple/ATT... I have to wait until the contract ends. Or pay full retail at near $600.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Apple doesn't change their prices, they mostly leave price points the same but release better hardware at the same price. You're only getting a discount on the phone because AT&T pays Apple $200 off the top since you are locking into a two year deal where they make a whole lot more than that back.
OK. That makes sense. But if it was me, I would not make so that the person who became a customer, was penalized by that. Simply offer a reasonable upgrade path.

They can still make more. I am happy.

How I do it? I figure I made my profit (margin) on the customer already when he bought from me the first unit. I don't have to make the same margin on the second sale if it is an upgrade. So offer a new unit at cost and give him a little back for the used unit. Sell the used unit to recoup the difference. Everyone wins. What irks me is making the same margin on me a month later, I am not asking for the same $200 off deal.

·
Registered
393 Posts
pretty sure I know who you are talking about- I'd say ask, worse that anyone can say is no... right? I bought from them a month ago- got their email and was like... huh. Well, I could get something for the wife's car at less money now! HA!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pretty sure I know who you are talking about- I'd say ask, worse that anyone can say is no... right? I bought from them a month ago- got their email and was like... huh. Well, I could get something for the wife's car at less money now! HA!
I did ask, they said they couldn't. I emailed the sites email rather than the user representative on this forum. Think I should also try the user on this forum?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I did ask, they said they couldn't. I emailed the sites email rather than the user representative on this forum. Think I should also try the user on this forum?
YES! Most emphatically. If you know one of their reps on this forum, ask nicely if s/he can help. If not, and if the item has not shipped, cancel as RoadDad suggested. And look elsewhere for your Lotus stuff. That's a bad business model and not at all customer friendly. :mad: It takes months to find a customer...seconds to lose one. They should remember that.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts