The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to paint my calipers.

Opinions on this? Rather than removing the undertray to get access to Jack Point C, what he's doing is just using the Jack Helper and then putting the jack stands under that. I'd imagine it's the same thing - still using the same C points - and it's distributing the weight.

As far as getting the car back down, my thought is lift one side at A, remove front jack. Lift other side, remove other side front jack. Then lift up Jack Helper in rear, remove jacks, remove rhino ramps.

Done.

That work?

·
Registered
841 Posts
That's exactly how I lower the car back down, yes. It works fine, but you have to wear your baseball cap backwards like I am in the video.

·
Registered
945 Posts
That's how I do it, too.

Only thing to be aware of is that the jack helper requires the jack to move a -lot- underneath it while you're lifting, so be sure that there isn't something like a gap in the concrete where the jack is going to need to move. Otherwise, the car might try to move rather than the jack, and with the front on stands, that could go very poorly for you.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's exactly how I lower the car back down, yes. It works fine, but you have to wear your baseball cap backwards like I am in the video.
I was waiting for you to reply. Wasn't sure if you still played here or mostly on TOF.

BTW, are you actually jacking up your car in a sweater? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can't really tell from the angle. Does the Jack Helper go under the C or D jack points? Looks like D to me, based on the length of the Helper, but want to make sure.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Jeff, pease do NOT post video of you jacking all 4 off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts