The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this battery brand new from Amazon on 9/20/12 for $165.16. It was delivered on 9/26/12 and I threw it in the car on 9/30/12. I then changed my mind and decided to go with a an Odyssey PC680, which is being installed now along with a hold down and battery disconnect switch. So, I'm selling the Optima.

The Amazon invoice lists it as "Optima Batteries 8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery."

$150 obo

Local preferred.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I was interested until I did a quick price check.

Amazon is selling this battery for $151.87 w/free shipping. Just thought you should know, so you might want to adjust your price a little to make it a little more appealing...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was interested until I did a quick price check.

Amazon is selling this battery for $151.87 w/free shipping. Just thought you should know, so you might want to adjust your price a little to make it a little more appealing...
Yes, but Amazon recently gave into government pressure and is now collecting CA sales tax. My invoice reads $151.87 (battery) + $13.29 (sales tax) = $165.16.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Tracker, the price for this battery on Amazon is now $144.34.

I'll take it off your hands for $100. I'm in Los Angeles, so you can save on shipping costs. Plus I can do a 100A load test on it to ensure it's good :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tracker, the price for this battery on Amazon is now $144.34.

I'll take it off your hands for $100. I'm in Los Angeles, so you can save on shipping costs. Plus I can do a 100A load test on it to ensure it's good :)
Like I said, REASONABLE offers. :no:

Of course it's good, it's brand new.

Where did I state I was paying for shipping???:shrug:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Dude u trying to retire off this thing?!
Lol!

Tracker, if you read the very first review (being the most helpful one) the buyer on there complained Amazon refused to warranty this battery and when he went to Optima, they redirected him to back to Amazon. Folks never have this kind of hassle buying at a brick and mortar, they just give you a free replacement for and you're on your way. It's the standard. Anyway, I don't know about what others think, but to me that's a pretty big deal and I believe return policies are a significant factor in the cost. Batteries shouldn't cost as much as they do lately. Heck, it's technology invented 160 years ago! Anyway I digress.

I was offering to buy a second-hand battery for 2/3rd the price. Seriously, the warranty is really half the cost of an auto battery and without one it's a risky proposition. If you don't think that's a fair offer, I'm totally cool with it :cool:

TBH, I'm not in the market for a new battery but I figured I'd buy one if it was a good deal. Always nice to have an extra one laying around. These things go bad all the time. Perhaps you should just hold onto it for that fact alone.

Anyway, just some perspective. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, like I said this is a brand new battery and it is in perfect condition. Had it in the car for just a few days. Brought the car in for some work and was told I'd be better off with a smaller Odyssey and hold down for track days. So, I'm selling it.

Believe me, this is not intended to be rude, but this is a for sale forum, not a discussion forum. I just want to sell a battery and not interested in a pro/con, etc., discussion. If you are interested in the battery, please let me know. Otherwise, feel free to start your own discussion thread elsewhere, but stop jacking this thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts